M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell to all from south Florida,

I had visited a few times, and based on what I had read, I decided to join.

I am new to the forum, but not to firearms. I had picked up an SAI SOCOM 16 in November of last year. She was made in September of 2009. Due to work and family commitments, I was not able to shoot that rilfe until last month. I sited it to be three inches high at 25 meters.

I had some failures to feed. I was using gun show magazines marked "HNR". the fit was extremly tight. I suspeted the magazines were my proplem. I have sense aquired some SAI magazines.

I will revisit soon,

sneaker

·
"Death From Above"
11,642 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You might want to check out the cmi magazines they are the same ones sai uses and a lot less expensive.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I already heard about the CMI magazines here. I ordered the SAI mags with the loaded coupon that came with the rifle. I also ordered CMI mags. I know have several of each.

I am looking forward to learning more as time goes on. Based on what I have learned here and elsewhere, I have formulated a plan of action that started with an appleseed shoot (i missed the rifleman patch by 16 points), lots of ammo and mags.

sneaker

·
Registered
564 Posts
Welcome aboarde and good luck with the new stick!

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, sneaker, glad to see you decided to join us. I'm sure you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum ,and thanks for your service to our country !! congrats on new rifle I know you will enjoy it and the forum both !!

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U. S. ARMY VET

·
Registered
467 Posts
Welcome aboard.
There is a pretty nice 600 yard range in your general neighborhood, on the north shore of Lake Okeechobee. Other than that, unless you're shooting out into the glades, there isn't much in the line of good known distance ranges.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum sneaker, enjoy.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of information on many topics here to help bring you up to speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts