M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been a member of this forum since Jul 27, 2018. I've picked up a lot of great information over the years, I and know that I have alot to learn about this fascinating rifle. I apologize for not introducing myself previously, but I'll thank all of you for the awesome information I've gleaned as a "lurker". If you don't object I'm going to break this intro into a number of posts to build my required post count.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My first introduction to the M14 happened in the late 70's as JROTC cadre; I carried them, and cleaned them, but never got to fire one. Love at first sight!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Again, I am going to break my intro into a number of posts to build my required post count. LMK if I'm pushing the envelope?

My first introduction to the M14 happened in the late 70's as JROTC cadre. Love at first sight! Unfortunately, I carried them, and cleaned them, but never got to fire one. I joined the Army in 1980 (well after the M14 was replaced by the M16 as the US Army’s battle rifle) and trained on the; M16A1, M1911, M60, as well as some other weapons systems.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Aloha Jarhead504, Mahalo.

I'm not sure about the church, but the USMC is still here. Don't know if you heard, but they changed the base name to Marine Corps Base-Hawaii sometime during the BRAC? A couple of the P3 Squadrons moved over from Barber's Point NAS when it was shut down by BRAC.

You would get killed if you tried to ride a bike over the Koolau Mountains today!

Yeah, Hawaii's gun laws are terrible. Right now, all pistol and AR platforms magazines are limited to 10 rounds. Luckily, a proposed law to ban ALL magazines over 10 rounds was left for dead-at least for last year.

I've asked about access to the MCB-Hawaii range, and was told it would be opened back up but COVID stopped that for now.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aloha Polack; Yeah, I know that is a surprise! Hawaii's gun laws are some of the worse in the US. If our lawmakers get the chance they would outlaw all firearms. We do have a Hawaii Firearms Coalition (HFC) that fight their proposals at every turn.

All pistol and AR platform magazines are limited to 10 rounds. A proposed law to ban ALL magazines over 10 rounds didn't pass in 2021 thanks to the HFC.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Aloha Boomerpusher. Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, cost of living here is high, and climbing sky high. I just go word from my daughter that her husband's next assignment will be Guam-they're at Yokusuka now.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks Blacktail8541, Yep, I live in Kaneohe town. Use the exchange & commissary for most of my requirements. Pyramid Rock was my primary surfing beach.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks for the welcome from the 49th State Once-Ler & RamOneAlaska. I was TDY to Eielson AFB in support of CopeThunder for a couple of exercises. Had the chance to see Fairbanks, Denali, and Seward. Great times!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Mahalo (thanks) for all the info I have gained during my 4 years of lurking, and I look forward to new info from members in the future.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
As you can see, my post count is low. It is because I do not have much to offer regarding M1A and M14 rifles. I have learned quite a bit, but haven’t had anything to contribute. I have spent a considerable amount of time on the forum. I would like to achieve the 50 post requirement to be able to access the PX/BX.

I currently own two M1A's. The first I picked up in 1992 from a seller who bought it new, but lost interest to the AR platform. The second is a SOCOM 16 CQB acquired from my LGS in 2018. I also own an M1 Garand, and an M1 Carbine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.