M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interestingly enough, the 89 and 99 are all USGI and the oldest one from 1980 is mostly commercial. Even the stock doesn't show any markings, not even under the buttplate. I prefer the 7.62 to the four line roll mark tho. Says Made in Murica to me! Now to find some range time...

·
Administrator
17,385 Posts
Good family picture innocent bystander, it would be interesting to hear how all three shot together the same ammunition.

DI5

Reactions: innocent bystander

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I second this. I think that is one of the best camo jobs I have ever seen on a rifle. I could easily imagine that as USGI Vietnam issued if such a thing would have ever been done.

Please tell us about it.
Thanks, this one's my favorite rifle, that was springfield's OEM woodland pattern from the late 80s early 90s. I'm thinking about getting a slotted handguard painted to match for the cool factor. Here's a just the camo

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that the original stock? Thanks, JD
It's exactly as it came from the factory. I had a bunch of info about who did the artwork for springfield but I can't seem to find it now. I have been told the paint is easily stripped by cleaning chemicals and some have had their stocks clear coated to protect them. Member flipmasterj is refinishing a couple of stocks for me now so the rifle might live in one of those and this one will be for show.

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Love them all - but what about ....2009????

Very nice collection!

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Man I am envious, that's quite a collection …. and a darn fine collection at that!

I too really like the camo, it looks really sharp.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Post baby pictures when it happens! Good looking family.

Makes me want to take one of my GI fiberglass stocks and hand guard and get a Tiger Stripe job done. May be a forgery, but how great would that look!?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts