M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,

I wanted to share some pics of the most recent project that I have been working on.

This rifle started life as a SA Loaded M1A, however, I wanted to see if I could perform all of the modifications to make this rifle a Full NM M1A. All parts were converted to NM specs. The only thing that was left undone for the longest time was the bedding.

I have been practicing "bedding" using two different styles of bedding and I decided to use the style as shown in an instructional video by Art Lupino. This style did NOT require the removal of the FH and Gas system to bed.

So far, everything looks and feels good. I only need to shoot it now to see if these mods have made a significant change or not.

I mounted a scope to validate accuracy and not leaving it up to these old eyes...

I hope it shoots as well, as it looked...

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Looks great Tom.

You’re defiantly a braver man than I. You do a much better job too.

My “gunsmithing” skills only go so far as disassembly, cleaning and reassembly.

I hope it shoots well, please do let us know.

Best regards, T

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
These ole' eyeballs ain't that bad .....

Send me a plane ticket (one way is fine ... I probably would'nt want to come back) and after I sight the irons in fer ya we'll sit on the beach and suck down some Mai Tai's ..... :D

Six

·
Registered
188 Posts
New NM

Tom,

What can I say but "awesome". Knowing how fussy you are, I'll bet that you'll be quite satisfied with your results. You do, as was previously mentioned, have more nerve than I do. I get sweaty just performing a new disassembly procedure that I've never done before. Anyway, you can be proud of the "new" shooter. By the way, I have first dibs on carrying Six's bags when he visits you. Take care.

Darrell
(dperr)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Very sharp !

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments... I really hope it shoots well and it should but only a trip to the range will tell.

I like the shape of this stock so I made only a very small clean hole in the stock to mount the bipod stud. On the inside, I routed it out cleanly so that it would clear all contact with the op rod and still be removable in case I wanted to take it out. When I do, it will then have 2 weep holes in the front and back of the swivel.

The scope is a Springfield Armory 6-24x56mm Mildot scope. I like it and it performs very well. The only draw back is that it is huge!!! But since it will be shot from a bench, it should be fine... as long as I don't gotta lug it around all day... :lol:

I hope to follow up with a range report when I get a chance to go to the range.

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts