M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello dear Americans M14 lovers!

For one year I'm the happy owner of pretty M1A springfield Inc, production from eighties, with usgi parts.
I have upgraded it with sadlak parts, like piston and NM spring guide.
Now I have found a beautifull H&R receiver in Germany, and one of my good friend will mount a new Lothar Walther barrel chambered in 308.
My question is, it is a problem to have a Winchester bolt with a H&R receiver? For oprod and trigger housing, no problem it H&R.
Thank so much to share you knowledge with me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not a problem as far as I know. Just have to make sure the bolt will head space correctly to the new barrel once it is screwed on to the receiver.

Is the bolt as new? If it is, shouldn't be a problem. If it has been fitted to another rifle, you MAY have issues.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, that's very kind to you to answer me.
My Winchester bolt is not brand new, but in very good condition, my friend who will mount the barrel is very qualified, this is not is first M14 rebarreling, and I have total trust in his capacity to do the job.
However, I have launch a want to exchange action on a French forum, USMF forum, dedicated only at us firearms, perhaps someone who have a H&R bolt will want my Winchester one!GI2

·
Registered
901 Posts
Any serviceable USGI M14 bolt should fit into any serviceable USGI M14 receiver.
Be sure that your gunsmith confirms proper headspace, bolt/receiver lug contact and firing pin retraction and pin tip protrusion from the bolt face and firing pin hole diameter in the bolt face.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That sounds like a great rifle. The Walther-Lothar barrels are really nice. Should be a great shooter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts