M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a all USGI M1A on gunbroker for a reasonable price if anyone is looking.
Has:
Winchester bolt
TRW op-rod
HR trigger group & barrel(chrome lined)
Woodland stock(there is a guy in the PX looking for one of these)
USGI gas system and sights
http:www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=237570578
All you need to make it perfect is a USGI flash suppressor with a bayonet lug and a USGI clip guide.

I tried to delete this so I could move it to Bargains, but I guess we can't do that anymore.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Should say all USGI parts...but not really. If he lied about that he may be lying about something else too. It does look clean though, but once I see something that doesn't match what a seller says I walk away.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
All sales over the internet have the risk of fraud but more likely just lack of true knowledge on the part of the seller. I agree they should not intimate or make statements they do not know to be true. 99% of the world wouldn't know a GI FH or Gas system from commercial if both were laying in front of them. Flash hider might be GI and ground for the ban but you can't be sure. For me, it would still need to be replaced.

I consider, the CMP kits were $600 (no longer on the e-store) you still need a bolt (min $250), Barrel (min $200) and a receiver (min $450). More misc parts puts you in the $1600 range. So, it could be a reasonable deal for someone who doesn't want to go to the trouble of a build (or is looking to part it out!).

I use the rule of pay the price for what I know it is not what it might be.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You can 'Buy it Now' for $1550.
Or you can bid anywhere between $1350 and $1550 and see what happens.
It is also likely that at some point between those 2 numbers the buy it now option goes away.
I have seen people wind up paying more than the original BIN price because of that.
At least GB has the auction end at a specific time or 10 minutes (I think that is the number it may be 30 minutes) after the last bid. So you can't have any 'sniping' like flea bay.

·
Registered
65 Posts
M1a

USGI parts are only going to go up, parts are not that easy to find now. I only have $1000 in my M1A build but that was when parts were easy to find at gun shows and prices were cheep. Ad up the parts prices like gulliver62 has, that is if you can find them{CMP out of parts kits ? and see what $1500 gets you...just my .02 worth

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm new to the m1a/m14 and i trust no one anyway who i don't really know what he put in it for sure. I also get very gun shy when the price is high too. To me were getting in the area of a new springer and for a little more a bottom step towards a fulton armory. I just jumped on a under $400 norc figuring i had room money wise if it needs work or upgrades along the way. I just want a shooter and i don't shoot matches. Sorry if i'm wrong, Bigbill

BTW; The Fulton Armory M14 and the ohio ordnance works BAR are on my bucket list. I'm working on my bucket list now before i get the word.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.