M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
18,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning I was able to make it on down to the Albuquerque New Mexico Gun & Knife Show, it was at the Expo NM State Fairgrounds (Lunjan buildings). This time I was 15 minutes early and was only 20 feet from the front door. I was looking for some great deals on any military surplus ammunition (MSA) that I have not tested yet. A few dealers had MSA 7.62x51 and 30.06, I saw a few M1A's and a few M1 Carbines and a few nice Garands (starting at $ 895) thought-out the GS. I did come across a dealer selling some M1A parts, MRI's at $9 each, but the GS had the jewelry, cut glass, candy, cook books plus a whole lot of Cowboy stuff (40%) this time......

Old military surplus ammunition 7.62;

Lake City Match 1964, $30 a box.
Lake City 1958, M59 boxes for $12. Lot LC 12076.
Portuguese '82 asking $125 a battlepack.
Radway Green, 75 rounds in bandoleer for $49.
I did see our old friend, the Royal Ordnance (OFV, Indian) at this GS. In 50 round seal bags, just going for $35 a bag or 70 cents a round...DI5

30.06 ammunition;

I saw some nice spam cans of 30.06, 240 rounds each going for only $150.
Enblocks clips ball for $11.50 each
Enblocks clips AP for $13.00 each

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
"Radway Green, 75 rounds in bandoleer for $49."
Wow you made me feel better about what I am paying for it, $41.50 out the door

·
Registered
397 Posts
Allow me to share a good source for Radway Green:

http://www.southernohiogun.com/ammo-deals/308-british-75rd-bandoliers.html

On my last order I paid $.43 a round (including shipping and fees to California) for RG 7.62x51 on stripper clips in bandoliers. That works out to ~$32 per 75 round bandolier in case quantities.

I've made several buys from SOG. Good service, fast shipment and nice ammo.

The last shipment of four cases were shipped to my office and our apparently somewhat uncomfortable about guns CFO signed for them. The UPS driver told him what was in the boxes along with the suggestion that I was probably not someone to get on the wrong side of... GI3

·
Administrator
18,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have been tracking them (SOG) for more than five years now each week.
I should have given credit where it was due. It was on XXIV Corps' list of best Internet deals for ammo that I originally found SOG.

XXIV, thank you for maintaining the list. It's been a great resource.

·
Administrator
18,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Research, still the only game in town......

Thank you Sir.DI5

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I should have given credit where it was due. It was on XXIV Corps' list of best Internet deals for ammo that I originally found SOG.

He's The Man for Ammo Sources!BANANA1

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
SG Ammo is some of the cheapest commercial ammo that can be found in 7.62, 5.56, 9mm and .45acp. They are a Federal LE dealer and have pistol in 50 rd boxes instead of 20 and the Federal and American Eagle rifle is as cheap as anywhere except maybe Natchez. After my experience with the Federal XM80 I'll pass on the cheaper federal that Natchez sells. The brass is good, the ammo is cheap which is good because it won't hold minute of circus tent at 100 meters. On the other hand the Federal 168 OMG is high quality and groups as good as M852 and M118 in my NM M1A. I shot some Win '59 in my non match M1A and it grouped much better than Federal XM 80 using Iron.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts