M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I was able to make it on down to the Albuquerque New Mexico Gun & Knife Show, it was at the Expo NM State Fairgrounds (Lunjan buildings). This time I was 12 minutes early and was only third from the front door. I was looking for some great deals on any military surplus ammunition (MSA) that I have not tested yet. A few dealers had MSA 7.62x51 only.

Old military surplus ammunition;

Belgium '76, 20 rounds for $13 or 65¢ each round.
German DAG '93, 100 rounds loose for $70 or 70¢.
German MEN 1994, 200 battlepack for $120 or 60¢.
Israeli surplus from '80, 20 box for $12 or 60¢. (TZ)
Malaysian '83, 100 rounds loose for $70 or 70¢.
Singapore '81, 20 for $12.50 or 62¢. Repacked in a French box with French codes and sold as French military surplus ammo!
South African '84 asking $20 a box or $1 a round.
South African '98 asking $12.50 a box or 62¢.

DI5

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
Typical!!!!

What a bummer... it's the same old song and dance I am seeing over here in the land of cotton....mind the relaods ya'hear?

Did you pop for anything?

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yes, I went for the French surplus, but it was repacked with Singapore...RNGR4

Oh well, I still can shot it.
Was it in French 7,62 Nato boxes with Mala in the box? & do you know when the French stopped making 7,62 Nato? I know they have to buy all their military ammo from the US and Germany. They no longer government produce ammunition in France.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I went to the Dallas show today... I didn't keep track of it like that (I didn't have time...) but they sure weren't giving it away. But there was plenty there if you wanted to find some, same with reloading components.

I did note 2 cases of '90's RG for $380/ea (.50/rd, + tax which takes it to .55/rd) which isn't terrible, but it's not that good, either. I don't expect it to get any better the farther into Election Season we get...

It was nice to see some more new M1a's on the tables, and at fair prices. I hate to say it, but the AR's are starting to get a little pricey... even with the market saturated with them.

·
Retired Admin
19,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Research, through looking it up yourself......

Was it in French 7,62 Nato boxes with Singapore in the box? Yes. & do you know when the French stopped making 7,62 Nato? No, I don't. I know they have to buy all their military ammo from the US and Germany. Germany must love that bevobaseball44. They no longer government produce ammunition in France.
The French ammo box printed....

20 Rounds
7.62 x 51mm
Black circle BALL
NATO logo
F 78-47 < French, 1978 lot 47

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.