M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped down to visit the LRRP at The Firingline and beadblasted some handguards for prepping and when I walked in the door there was a huge footlocker type olive drab wooden box sitting in the middle of the floor on a pallet.

I asked the LRRP what the contents consisted of and he opened it up to expose 24 brand new complete AK74 kits (Bulgarian) ...

Of course these are the ones with the torched receivers (what a shame) that will be built on Mikes US Made Milled Steel Receivers.

Bayonets .. Cleaning Kits ... The whole ball of wax and it had "that smell" to it if ya know what I mean ...

Sure would like to have that sittin' in the middle of my floor by golly ...

I'll see if I can get a pic of this tomorrow maybe ...

It'll knock your socks off ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Betcha thought I was pullin' yer leg huh ... 8)

Twelve kits on top and twelve kits on the bottom ... Twenty-Four total ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not bad Six, looks like you're teasing me a little. Should have a barrel in this coming week, then got to find me a few more parts. Only reason I started fooling around with COMBLOC stuff is Hawk talked me into it.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
man....awl I did was ask him if he had one... he said he didn't want to have a rifle that he was shot at with....so I told him that he could shoot back with it and they'd think they were bein shot at by one of their own.... :lol:

now he's got an AK a SKS and soon a RPK....Go figure..... :roll:

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Wow what a find. It is hard to tell but the furniture through the plastic looks to be in excellent shape. Those are going to make some great rifles and with 24 of them I am sure atleast 5 or 6 of them will be mint. There are alot really cool com bloc AKs and because of the import ban none of us will be able to own one but with these kits one can be build to almost exact duplicte of the real deal. I have a few polish russian and eastern bloc Aks built from Kits with preban Poly-Tech and Maadi recievers. I have a picture book of AKs of the world and I see one that is unique like the polish Tatnal and had a guy find a kit that was in excellant condition and i will tell you what i can put it next to the picture and you cant tell the difference. Say six what does this LRRP have planned for these kits.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These kits will all be assembled on the MLS-99 US Made Milled Steel receiver and sold as fully assembled weapons ... Eventually ... :wink:

Six

1 - 7 of 7 Posts