M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will standard AK furniture fit on the chinese AK variant called the "Mac 90"??????????????????

Please advise....

·
Registered
583 Posts
YES.................as long as it is a straight cut receiver. You will have to remove the buthole stock to determine that. If it is a slanted cut receiver you are stuck.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeah..........it is a Neutered and sportered 56s.........externally different with stock change, bayo lug removed, and mb threads cutoff, internally the same stuff.

·
Rest in peace
1,399 Posts
Back when these hit our shores, a number of friends of mine bought them. The first thing that they did was cut-off the excess portions of the thumb-hole stock, then shape it into a resemblance of the standard AK. Never heard a peep from BATF or the police, either.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
pretty decent shooters too, the actions are pretty smooth for an AK variant, almost as smooth as the polish AKs.

Easiest way to tell is that they usually have the round, circular from sight post guard.

Most of the ones ive seen have the thumbhole stock, but thats an easy fix.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I bought one new in '94. It was the only AK I had kept until I picked up a Polish Underfolder here on the boards. I put on a Kvar plum Nato length stock on it. It's got a super smooth trigger and runs like a swiss watch. It takes a little work to narrow the butt stock down to get it to fit, but it's got the right LOP for me @ 5'11".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts