M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I would like your suggestions on a red dot for an ak. I want to spend 80-150 bucks on a forward mounting red dot that's gonna b mounted on the rail on the gas tube. was interested in what u guys think is the best bang for the buck. or should I buy a side mount??? I was looking at the truglo tritians and the hi-lux red dot that comes with the side mount. thanks for any info.

·
Registered
248 Posts
hey guys I would like your suggestions on a red dot for an ak. I want to spend 80-150 bucks on a forward mounting red dot that's gonna b mounted on the rail on the gas tube. was interested in what u guys think is the best bang for the buck. or should I buy a side mount??? I was looking at the truglo tritians and the hi-lux red dot that comes with the side mount. thanks for any info.
Side mounted scope is the best way to go, but a decent red dot scope, rings, and mount is going to cost way more than a buck fifty....................I've used a couple of Kobra's on AK-74's that worked very well. Kobra's used to be inexpensive but they're running over $300.00 now. Put a Aimpoint on another but with the rings and mount it chewed up the better part of $500.00.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
I had an sks
And forward red dot is no good.

The higher dollar mi rails likely work because they clampfrom top and bottom

Find a used cobra side mount.

·
Registered
208 Posts

I have an aimpoint comp 2 mounted on an ulitmak rail. I love this set up. I don't have a side mount but even if I did I would have used the Ultimak, I have been playing with puting a left side charging handle or folder both of which would prevent the use of a side rail. The ultimak is rock solid. I would suggest a Bushnell TRS-25 for an optic. All total that should come to just under $200. Be aware that you get what you pay for in optics but so far the Bushnell TRS-25 I have on my M1 Carbine seems to be holding up.

Reactions: Tommo
1 - 5 of 5 Posts