M14 Forum banner

AK EYE CANDY ...

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Quagmire 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ak Eye Candy ...

My bud just got these jewels back from the machine shop ...

They are the MLS99 US Made Milled Steel Receivers for the AK47 ...

Still in the white as you can see and now they will go off to heat treat after which they will be park'd ... some blued ... some moly coated.

These here are all for the 7.62 X 39 and some will be threaded ... Others pinned and one batch is for the folders ...

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0603/SixTGunr255/ak5.jpg
http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0603/SixTGunr255/ak1.jpg
http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0603/SixTGunr255/ak7.jpg

#9 ·
I'd have to say if anything else that they are compatible Steve .....

They were made exactly to specs from an original receiver when he started this venture .....

Mike simply took one down there and said ... "I want them made "exactly" like this one"

There just as much dependable and durable as the Russian and Chinese models ...

Of course since the first run was produced back in 1999 there have been a few modifications here and there depending upon what one is looking for such as "threaded" as opposed to pressed and pinned as well as the folders as the backs need to be different for the folders.

I do know that Mike had to put $15k up front before they would even begin these things and most of that amount was to pay for the "fixtures" for the CNC Machines. Of course Mike "owns" the fixtures so if he was to ever switch machine shops he simply takes his fixtures with him.

I am not sure what the Rockwell hardness is on the Russian/Chinese but these are all 45 and they are made from 4142 hot rolled steel billets.

Six

#11 ·
Pressed & Pinned versions .... $289.95
Threaded versions .... $389.95
AK74 versions (aka 5.45) .... $329.95

Available in Blue or Parkerized finish.

I have seen a few AKs that he did in a Olive Drab Moly Coat and boy did they look good ... He does his own moly coating in the back room ... :wink:

There are 127 milling operations on the CNC machine to complete one.

Six

#12 ·
Heres a link to their website altho it is not maintained very well. I used to maintain it for him when I worked there but since I left he let another do it who is not very good at website work but it will give you a general idea.

They use Angelfire Webshell Builder so you may get a pop up ... :roll:

THE FIRINGLINE

Six

#14 ·
They vary Quag dependin' upon where you get them and what country of origin you want some times. K-Var sells them as well as Global Trades and other places that can be found in Shotgun News.

You can even find some barreled actions and parts on ebay and Gunbrokers .....

Check with Hawk as he recently built one on one of these receivers and gathered his parts here and there ....

Mike even has a bunch of brand new Chinese barrels and parts as well if ya want me to check. On some things he is a little high but then almost everything he carries is brand new ....

Where you'll save is if ya put her together yourself ..... :wink:

Six

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.