M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Bolt

On the rear right side bottom it hooks down to catch the auto sear. If you need more give me a shout.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Fa or Sa

Was this a test or just a neat way to pass on some FF information? If the latter, the tricky part is where to drill the hole! :lol: :lol:

Guns I love'm all.

Federal

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Naw....actually, I was trying to find out the difference as I needed another bolt and ebay only had FA ones. Wish I could get away with a FA, but here in NY, it's not a good idea to try it 8O

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
If the price is right: 1. it is highly unlikely anybody would notice.
2. you could mill off the ear.
3. you could trade it to someone. **

**The someone that I am familiar with can legally have it and has an SA bolt in stock. Give me a chance to look around. Let me know if your interested.

Guns I love'm all.

Federal

PS. I'm not positive but I don't think the BATF objects, so maybe NY wouldn't know the difference. I'll be with the BATF on Tuesday, I'll ask.
The early Galil's came here with the FA bolt in it.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
I just got back from our BATF meeting and they didn't know about any differance, so I think your pretty safe unless I just let the cat out of the bag. Good luck, Hawk.

Guns I love'm all.

Federal

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Hawk, how did you make out with your bolt? By the way, you will far and away be better off milling the swoop off. :idea: :idea:

-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Bolt

Federal said:
On the rear right side bottom it hooks down to catch the auto sear. If you need more give me a shout.
Not trying to contradict anybody, but isn't this little hook on the bolt CARRIER and not on the bolt itself?

I think the bolt itself is identical.

:wink:

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
I try to make at least one mistake a day just to keep in practice. :D You are absolutely correct Zoid. Do not apologiz for correcting we who remember the Wright Bros. as older friends. :lol: :lol: Since my memory is so good, but very short, I went up and took one of mine apart, how about that. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.