M14 Forum banner

AK-47 Upper Hand Guard

2866 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  33-805
I am getting ready to send the wood (stock, upper and lower hand guard) and pistol grip off my AK to Whamo Camo to be camo'd, however I noticed when stripping the original finish from the wood, the upper handguard covering the gas tube is cracked. I'd like to remove it without breaking it, but can't figure out how to with each side held by the metal pieces. Do those metal pieces come off? It looks like they have been punched to the gas tube. If I get a new wood upper hand guard, how do I go about putting a new gas tube and metal end pieces back on???

Can you buy an upper handguard with the gas tube already installed from anyone?

Has anyone ever dealt with the Ironwood Designs folks who sell complete walnut stock sets?

Look forward to your replies, thanks for looking,--------Scott Lyons
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
You can actually roll the wood out of the metal. It takes a little effort but it can be done.


1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.