M14 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I was assuming they were either from a hispanic background or black for starters didn't read that the suspects were Asian. What's the difference in Asians and Hispanic? In the dark? Look about the same to me.

Questions? No. But trying to imply that they have to be a muslim? Seriously? You looked up religion in Sacramento? Who gives a damn about Indonesia.. This isn't Indonesia.

It's more than likely a random crime. Committed by a Christian or atheist over a stupid disagreement in a bar.
Possibly, but the FACT he did stop a Muslim terrorist and the Muzzies definitely believe in retribution cannot be dismissed so easily. I've hung out in bars WORSE than the one described (BIKER bars) and emerged unscathed. There's SOMTHING in this story we're NOT being told. BTW...there are MUSLIMS in Sacramento, all over California as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
That was the point I was eluding to also, I used to hang out in biker bars in Arizona (the Border Jumpers were the bad boys back then) and while I got in a few scrapes nobody ever tried to cut or shoot me and these guys were reputed to be big time drug traffickers and well known for eliminating people so it's not like murder was rare to them, that's how they did business so it should have been pretty easy for me to have crossed the line with them and it never happened (God protects the really foolish, I didn't survive because of my smarts or skills).

This kid wasn't an innocent in this situation. Why would you and your friend take 3 girls to a gay bar? Was it an in your face thing? Was it an attempt to antagonize the other patrons? Were you touring the goofy bars around town for entertainment? I suppose you could have chosen that bar out of ignorance since it seems to have a cowboy kind of atmosphere and maybe they simply didn't know that it was a gay bar but I doubt it. And maybe they were just innocently going where there was good music and booze, but I doubt that too. This kid has traveled the world a little so it's not like he has no understanding of how different groups of people react to each other in various circumstances. I really think that this kid is either puffed up with all the notoriety that he has experienced or somebody recognized him and started taunting him and he wasn't smart enough to recognize that he was outclassed and outnumbered.

·
Banned
2,951 Posts
When I returned from AK I "moon lighted" at some of the clubs in and around Sacto. Sac had it's issues in the early 80's but it was not the gang infested cesspool that it is now. Sac has a significant number of SE Asian POS's, offspring from the refugees we welcomed in the 70's. It also has hardcore gangs of all races, both prison gangs and street gangs. As much as I would love to have this turn out to be another muslim issue I seriously doubt that it is. Even way back when I was bouncing incidents of this nature were not uncommon.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
"..I really think that this kid is either puffed up with all the notoriety that he has experienced or somebody recognized him and started taunting him and he wasn't smart enough to recognize that he was outclassed and outnumbered."
Maybe I'm a little jaded with my 13 years of dealings with young airmen, but I have to say this was my first thought as well.

My old school wisdom has taught me trouble usually doesn't land in your lap. Pretty girls, jealous guys, liquid courage, an inflated ego coupled with a big mouth hanging out in the late night bar scene is a recipe for trouble.

·
Super Moderator
11,834 Posts
a 20 year Air Force guy is in a gay bar; either he's there looking for a fight or looking for love.
Really Rammac, did you read the article? If you did you would have known he was there with another male(buddy?) and 3 women....
Yes I did read the article, what's your point? I suspect that you've taken offense where none was intended but that's your problem not mine.

Gays in the military have always been a reality and I can remember a lot of friends that went to gay bars just to start a fight (and quite often they got their butts whipped pretty badly) so if my comment offends you I don't really care.

There's been Gay's in the military since the Greek's so what new, the idea of his sexual leanings didn't even cross my mind if he was or wasn't so why even mention or interject it into the conversation like you did? Is the bar they went too a known Gay bar? or is it just a bar and there are gay bars near by? Do you even know? My first thought like many and still is that they went too the place they did was for cheap booze, and have a good time first.

Like you I was in the Service, and yea I went too bars and I too got into a fight a time or two. But I got the girl after, I didn't bring them along. Unlike you I'm willing too give the benefit of the doubt too the young Airman and say that the place didn't have the good time atmosphere they were looking for or liked, maybe someone tried too pick up on there "Dates" and words were said. Maybe they tried too leave before there was a fight, but the fight followed them..

That's, my opinion. You may disagree and that's your prerogative.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Is the bar they went too a known Gay bar? or is it just a bar and there are gay bars near by?
It's all gay bars there and the coffee shops are fruity too. My cousin is a ***** so I have been there once purely for research purposes, not exactly my kind of place but it did make for a funny picture that I got to share in one of RetirednSmilin's craigslist threads.

I'm not gonna judge him for being on K street at 1am and while there are a ton of jokes I'd like to make about the "servicemen at the gay bar" I just hope that he gets better. He did get stabbed 3-4 times directly in the chest after all.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Gee Phil, I don't know, it seems to me that it's not too hard to find out if that bar was a well known gay bar...

(Quoted from their web page)

http://www.faces.net/
Sacramento's #1 Gay Nightclub
Just as you have a right to your opinion I have a right to mine but your response to my comment
Really Rammac, did you read the article? If you did you would have known he was there with another male(buddy?) and 3 women....
implied to me that you were offended by my remark that he was there for a fight or love, your response is an obvious effort to tell me that he must be straight because he had women with him. I wasn't judging him, like you said, all of us that have spent time in the military served with gays and it never bothered me, I was simply making a statement about why I thought he would go to a gay bar. Your reaction belies the truth about your bias, you assumed that I was trying to imply that he was gay as if that were an insult, you obviously think that that would be a bad thing.

Regardless, it doesn't matter to me other than I had to chuckle at you trying to make out like I was creating a contentious remark when it's you that has tried to create an argument over something that never existed.

Reactions: electricnic

·
Super Moderator
11,834 Posts
Gee Phil, I don't know, it seems to me that it's not too hard to find out if that bar was a well known gay bar...

(Quoted from their web page)

http://www.faces.net/
Just as you have a right to your opinion I have a right to mine but your response to my comment
implied to me that you were offended by my remark that he was there for a fight or love, your response is an obvious effort to tell me that he must be straight because he had women with him. I wasn't judging him, like you said, all of us that have spent time in the military served with gays and it never bothered me, I was simply making a statement about why I thought he would go to a gay bar. Your reaction belies the truth about your bias, you assumed that I was trying to imply that he was gay as if that were an insult, you obviously think that that would be a bad thing.

Regardless, it doesn't matter to me other than I had to chuckle at you trying to make out like I was creating a contentious remark when it's you that has tried to create an argument over something that never existed.
Thanks for the link, and so it is.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the link, and so it is.
Times change, things change. I don't know the location mentioned but my best bud from HS lived in Sac way back when and I got him involved in combat pistol. We (wife and I) used to drive up and take him to NCPL matches and then hit
Old Sacramento for dinner and a couple grown-up tipples. If this place is anywhere near the Old Sacramento that we used to haunt every month it has slipped indeed.

·
Premium Member
Annoying Nerd
1,371 Posts
Straight guys are a pretty common occurrence in gay bars. Why? Because straight women go to gay bars to get away from the grope-fest they experience in straight clubs. Some straight guys see this as an opportunity to show how "woke" they are (and I'm so tired of that term...) and to generally improve their odds with women with less competition.

...or he could have been gay, too.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Hey hey hey they do have 1$ drinks at happy hour....
So long as it was a happy place (and not peopled with unhappy gangbangers), I sure would go to a gay bar if the $1 drinks were good, and nobody was breathing their droplets on me. I could take my wife out dancing too. At $1/drink, I could even afford to be generous and buy some of you gents some drinks!

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,024 Posts
How did a thread from 5 years ago suddenly go live again for no reason?
Because of the "Recommended Reading" at the bottom of almost every page here. The software needs to be refine.

Reactions: ShootingSight
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.