M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got one of each-

Aimpoint Micro T-1 with AR co-witness mount and a Eotech EXPS3-4 with a AR co-witness QD mount.

I like them both, but being that I can only use one at a time, I'm not persuaded that I have to have them both.

What say the membership? Preferences?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I used to have an eotech for years and always liked it better than the aimpoints I was issued. Then after the news dropped about the problems the eotechs had, I sent mine back for the refund and got an elcan.

The new micro aimpoints look pretty nice (haven't used one yet, but I'll probably put one on my wife's ar when she gets hers) and the company has a good reputation, so I'd stick with that.

I won't do business with eotech ever again. Just my $.02

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
As stated above Send your EoTech back for a full refund plus $15 shipping and buy another AimPoint!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have you considered the Trijicon MRO? I have one on my M4 and it is super sweet. You can get them for around 430.00 now w/ a full cowitness mount.

Between Aimpoint and Eotech... I'd go for whatever you can get the cheapest. Both are great options, both have known and rare battery issues (corrosion issues and such), however it is just a red dot.

Both have different red dot reticles as well so see which one your eye works best with.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I very much prefer the field of view of my EOTECH vs the Aimpoints that I've owned.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Despite the recent problems with eotech I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if that's what I wanted. I got a great deal on my aimpoint, but I went to the store to buy and eotech. I have several friends that use and abuse them without a bit of trouble.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I loved my eotech 552 xr308 but hated my 512. I don't own any more eotechs and it's not because of the issues others are talking about with them being temp sensitive. I just like the ruggedness of the Aimpoint and the battery life they provide. Now I'm an aimpoint junkie.....

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I saw with my own eyes a salesman slam a aimpoint on a concrete floor so hard it bounced over the gun counter put it back on the ar it was on and it still co-witnessed with the irons perfectly. That's impressed me and I'm not easily impressed by fancy gadgets.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Have you considered the Trijicon MRO? I have one on my M4 and it is super sweet. You can get them for around 430.00 now w/ a full cowitness mount.

Between Aimpoint and Eotech... I'd go for whatever you can get the cheapest. Both are great options, both have known and rare battery issues (corrosion issues and such), however it is just a red dot.

Both have different red dot reticles as well so see which one your eye works best with.
The MRO is also great optic I have one on my 300 Blackout, the only issue is scope covers Trijicon kind of dropped the ball on that one!GI3

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I have a clear rear cover and a blacked out front on my aimpoint. With the covers shut it if you keep both eyes open you can see the dot, don't ask me how but you can. If you have one try it, will kind of freak you out at first. If you don't have covers hold your hand over the end.

·
Registered
9,121 Posts
I had the 512, sent it back even though I don't think it had the recall issue.
Bought the T1, I'd never go back to Eotech after using the T1 micro.

Besides the fact that my 512 always had a fuzzy halo that bugged me which I'll say might be due to my astigmatism.

The T1 is clean, clear
With major battery runtime.
So small it disappears in your fov.

No comparison really.

I've got one of each-

Aimpoint Micro T-1 with AR co-witness mount and a Eotech EXPS3-4 with a AR co-witness QD mount.

I like them both, but being that I can only use one at a time, I'm not persuaded that I have to have them both.

What say the membership? Preferences?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all of your responses.

The Eotech EXPS3-4 is their latest iteration and incorporates all of their most recent improvements and their best features. Both the Aimpoint and the Eotech have people who swear by them. I can't see a problem with either the Aimpoint or the Eotech EXPS3-4, but it's simply time to downsize.

As soon as I get some photos together, this (mounted only-never used)
ANIB Eotech EXPS3-4, AR co-witness QD mount, original case, etc. will be in the Classified BX at what I think will be an attractive price.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Personally I'm a big fan of the MRO - the extra field of view over the Aimpoint T/H series is a welcome improvement. Only real complaint I can think of is I wish the adjustment clicks were more tactile but really that's no big deal. Trijicon did some testing around the time of Eotech's woes and found that zero shift as a result of extreme temperature variations was extremely low (if you use some google-fu you can find Trijicon's letter).

The reticle and field of view on the Eotech are awesome. I know some people have had issues but mine's held up fine - I just don't let it bake in the car all day or stick it in a freezer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.