M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I had both of my lenses replaced due to cataracts at the ripe old age of 52. Now first things first, I was born with strabismus so I have never had any depth perception which in itself has made me pretty proficient with a scope. I also have a slight astigmatism in my left eye which is what I use to shoot a rifle with. I know it may be weird to some of you but I'm farsighted in my left eye and nearsighted in my right eye. When I had the surgery it was easy for me, I didn't have anything to get used to and I don't need any type of glasses for normal every day stuff. I have one lens for distance and one for near.

The problem I'm having is with the sights of my rifle which is a M1a loaded that has the . 052 rear aperture. I have no problem with seeing the front sight or the target but the rear sight is blurry /hazy when looking through it. I know there are several options out there and I'll probably try a hooded sight, I just don't know which one. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Dan

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Had lens implants done year or so ago due to cataracts and now have 20/15 vision in both eyes, outstanding vision!! As for you blurred rear sight picture I don't know if it helps or not, but my rear sight aperture is a .595 I believe and is clear. On the plus side the fact that your front sight is clear to you is more important than the rear one for if your cheek weld is correct for you the eye will tend to find the exact center in the aperture and focus should be on the front sight blade and target when in itself can be fuzzy a bit and not a problem if front sight picture is crystal clear. Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.