M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a pretty frustrating trip to the range today. I was unable to get my rifle to cycle reliably while suppressed. The rifle is an LRB with a heavy Kreiger barrel and a unitized gas system.

Unsuppressed it worked fine...suppressed I was having some stove pipes, and it was not extracting correctly.

I feel like the gas plug is adjusted almost all the way closed and it's still not running right.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Probably over gassed.
You need to open your gas plug up not close it.
My experience was the opposite, This weekend was the first time I have shot a supressor on my socom and the first time I have used the schuster gas plug. I had the adjustment screw about half way and the first shot didn't cycle, so I screwed it all the way in and shot and cycled, so then I unscrewed 2 or 3 full turns and fired a shot and did this until it didn't cycle, about 4 or 5 times. Once I got to the point it didn't cycle I screwed it back in 1 full turn, then I could tell it was close and cycled strong again, too much, I opened a 1/2 turn, and done.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My experience was the opposite, This weekend was the first time I have shot a supressor on my socom and the first time I have used the schuster gas plug. I had the adjustment screw about half way and the first shot didn't cycle, so I screwed it all the way in and shot and cycled, so then I unscrewed 2 or 3 full turns and fired a shot and did this until it didn't cycle, about 4 or 5 times. Once I got to the point it didn't cycle I screwed it back in 1 full turn, then I could tell it was close and cycled strong again, too much, I opened a 1/2 turn, and done.
I am going to open it up all the way again and start fresh.

Anyone run the SOCOM plug on a rifle?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.