M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using untreated corn cob, how often do you recharge the media with polish. I sonic clean my brass than tumble after sizing and trimming so the brass isn't really dirty when I tumble

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use Turtle Wax Polishing Compound - comes out super shiny.
Turn on the tumbler, squirt in 1.5 to 2.0 ounces and stir it in with a screwdriver until it mixes completely. Your brass will look like gold jewelry if you let it run for 30 minutes.

Throw a 2"x3" piece of dryer sheet in the tumbler, and it will keep the dust down.

About 6 bucks at Wally World.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I've used Brasso or jeweler's rouge. Timing varies depending on what brass I'm cleaning.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have Dillon's biggest bowl ....I use a full tablespoon of Mother's Mag Polish from Walmart to dry Lizzard Litter from the pet store. Lasts about 10 cleanings of rifle cases that have been lubed.

·
Super Moderator
11,377 Posts
I have 2 batches of media. One is dirty and has car polish and that's what I run my brass through on initial sizing. I use Lizard Litter because it flows out of 223 brass much easier. I then have a clean batch of LL that I use to clean off all my case lube after resizing. I bought a 10 pound bag of that stuff about 4 years ago and I'm still using it.

Tony.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.