M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added a couple of rimfire bullet traps to the range. Cheap and hopefully effective. I hate having bullets rut up my range grass. These are easily moved and set at whatever range I feel like shooting the 22s. I know, the grass needs mowing. Whatta Hobby!

Plant Land lot Grass Flooring Groundcover
Plant Vertebrate Leaf Tree Natural landscape
Plant Tree Natural landscape Land lot Groundcover

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I have a couple of those targets straps. Nothing like ringing steel with a .22, right Art!! -Lloyd 🍻

·
Premium Member
21,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a couple of those targets straps. Nothing like ringing steel with a .22, right Art!! -Lloyd 🍻
Yes indeed. Every little bit of trigger time no matter what rifle can help develop skills that enhance every other discipline. Whatta Hobby!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you trying to actually trying to catch the lead or just keep it from tearing the yard up?
Just trying to keep from tearing up my field grass. I really like the looks of it when it's mowed. Couldn't care less about the lead.

·
Registered
M1A Loaded in 6.5 Creedmoor
83 Posts
I have a couple of those for .22 pellet/air rifle. Work great.

I think I neglect my .22lr. Next goal is to spend more time rimfire shooting.
that is a dangerous thing to say, next thing you know you are building a 10/22 with a 8x25 scope and shooting it at 250 yards.... not that i know, just saying... from a friend...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Just trying to keep from tearing up my field grass. I really like the looks of it when it's mowed. Couldn't care less about the lead.
That's what I thought, I would have used a piece of 1/4 inch plate on a 45° angle. Finding a piece of scrap should be pretty easy to find for behind your swinger.....

·
Premium Member
21,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's what I thought, I would have used a piece of 1/4 inch plate on a 45° angle. Finding a piece of scrap should be pretty easy to find for behind your swinger.....
The swinger is easy. Bullets don't make it past to do any damage if I do my part. The 1/4" is a pickle sometimes but mostly hits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts