M14 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Et tu, Target? I had high hopes for them a couple of years ago when they announced they were coming into Canada, but it turned out the name Target has nothing whatsever to do with firearms!

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
The open carry thing never bothered me personally because I usually always cc. And who can blame these company's for making that decision when these jackasses are shoving it in peoples faces.
No $hit. What a bunch of idiots??? Want to make a point...cut your hair and go to work. Keep your motivation for meaningful purposes.

What they needed was a wake-up slap. Open carry folks piss me off. It makes folks uncomfortable. Conceal your piece please.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
150 years ago, no one would have given someone a second thought, who carried a firearm openly, wherever that might be.

However, because of phobic political correctness, people who exercise one of our basic rights, are excoriated even by people of say they support the Second Amendment. While these men don't appear to be the" poster children" for the image some would like to see, they are nonetheless well within their rights. It's not for anyone to determine what looks "right" as long as the person acts within the law.

The management of Target, Chipotle, and other corporations are acting as reactionarily as those who hide behind "gun safety" as a ploy to disarm citizens. Target is stupid to believe that they're creating a "family friendly" environment by attempting to ban the open carry of firearms in their stores. This is the same company who could not, because of stupidity and appallingly weak management, would not do what's necessary to protect their customers' financial information. They have no credibility.

As has been stated repeatedly, when the bad guys know that people are unarmed, they will take advantage of the unarmed. It's that simple.

The guy who comes in with an AR15 slung over his shoulder is far less a threat than the sicko who posts his hostility on Facebook.

Folks shouldn't be unecessarily aggressive in their posture or actions. However, those who are within their rights to openly carry a firearm shouldn't be ashamed to exercise that right by meekly kowtowing to those who want to disarm everyone.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Being a pro gun guy, if my business was losing customers due to people slinging aks and ars I would do the same damn thing. They are being forced into the corner. I don't think we would have had the same outcome if it was just pistols being ocd. Yes it is in their legal right but so is disability and unemployment and Obama phones and ebt cards and..... doesn't make it right. Cc all you want but don't push businesses to the edge and force them to make a decision. You are not going to change minds to our side ocing rifles. You will only change them against you! Don't like it? Its the way it is.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
150 years ago, no one would have given someone a second thought, who carried a firearm openly, wherever that might be.

However, because of phobic political correctness, people who exercise one of our basic rights, are excoriated even by people of say they support the Second Amendment. While these men don't appear to be the" poster children" for the image some would like to see, they are nonetheless well within their rights. It's not for anyone to determine what looks "right" as long as the person acts within the law.

The management of Target, Chipotle, and other corporations are acting as reactionarily as those who hide behind "gun safety" as a ploy to disarm citizens. Target is stupid to believe that they're creating a "family friendly" environment by attempting to ban the open carry of firearms in their stores. This is the same company who could not, because of stupidity and appallingly weak management, would not do what's necessary to protect their customers' financial information. They have no credibility.

As has been stated repeatedly, when the bad guys know that people are unarmed, they will take advantage of the unarmed. It's that simple.

The guy who comes in with an AR15 slung over his shoulder is far less a threat than the sicko who posts his hostility on Facebook.

Folks shouldn't be unecessarily aggressive in their posture or actions. However, those who are within their rights to openly carry a firearm shouldn't be ashamed to exercise that right by meekly kowtowing to those who want to disarm everyone.
Sure they are most likely harmless, but no one needs to take an AR15 to Target. I don't even use one for home defense. I use a shotgun and pistol combo. It over-penetrates in that environment.

Their are rights sure. I could go out and dress as a drag queen if I wanted to and go to Target, but that would be queer and I ain't. This is no different. Walking around Target, a business mind you, carrying a battle rifle with women and children about is unnecessary and in bad taste. Paints responsible gun ownership in an extremist profile. Dudes walkin' around Target like its Baghdad. What for??? Zip. To make a point like some hoods would do. Have some class and respect for the fact that others might not be so open-minded to open carry. Conceal your piece. No one wants to think about a killing instrument strapped to a guy when strolling through Target.

Save the fireworks for the show. And don't be a dumba$$. Or drag queen. Or just not around me or on the forum please.

Myself excluded, naturally.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Conceal your piece please.
I did, I have, I am just tired of it now.

I followed the rules -lined up the character references, gathered the signatures, submitted the photos, submitted the fingerprints and the notarized application and $$'s can't forget the dollars…. I received a NY State carry conceal permit.

Couple years later 'Judges' arbitrarily enacted 'administrative rules' no more concealed carry permits in my county…

Fast Forward... the NY State Police released a database of all pistol permit owners in New York to the Press…

Moved to GA - went through the carry process again, this time a bit less headache….

Moved to MT. No more carry conceal permit for me - If I carry it is open carry only.

Reactions: RAMMAC

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I want to say to them, Just cause you can, doesn't mean you should. Lets be a bit more professional kids.
People like this Only adds fuel to the poltical fire.
And if you try to explain what subtleness is to these kids, they will listen to you, but will they "hear" you. Mature level at a low.
Either they are really intelligent, or incredibly stupid. I mean, I like oreos too, but c'mon Man.
Does anyone read me?

Deuces

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Sure they are most likely harmless, but no one needs to take an AR15 to Target. I don't even use one for home defense. I use a shotgun and pistol combo. It over-penetrates in that environment.

Their are rights sure. I could go out and dress as a drag queen if I wanted to and go to Target, but that would be queer and I ain't. This is no different. Walking around Target, a business mind you, carrying a battle rifle with women and children about is unnecessary and in bad taste. Paints responsible gun ownership in an extremist profile. Dudes walkin' around Target like its Baghdad. What for??? Zip. To make a point like some hoods would do. Have some class and respect for the fact that others might not be so open-minded to open carry. Conceal your piece. No one wants to think about a killing instrument strapped to a guy when strolling through Target.

Save the fireworks for the show. And don't be a dumba$$. Or drag queen. Or just not around me or on the forum please.

Myself excluded, naturally.
It's not anyone's place to decide what someone should use for self-defense, whether in public or in the home. That's no one's call but the owner.

We are a classless society, so if one chooses to arm him/herself with an AR15 wearing whatever, is judging someone by their appearance, and not their character.

One should always be aware of their surroundings.

·
Registered
531 Posts
If the powers to be in this country were trying to ban matches or Bic lighters, should you fire one up at the local gas station while standing next to the pumps? Doesn't go over too well.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Interesting things you eatquate to the 2nd Amendment.
Ok, not the BEST comparison but there is a point to it that a few touched on. Because you can doesn't mean you should. I personally don't OC because if I were a person about to commit a crime I am gonna take the guy out with the weapon first then carry on with my mission. That aside it doesn't bother me if you see fit to OC a pistol (I laugh inside). I see OCing rifles and shotguns useless in public and populated areas. IT IS AN IN YOUR FACE ACT. As to the 150 years ago comment, we also hunted for our food regularly then and people were used to being around guns. Now we go to a store and buy our cheesy poofs. I live in THE most gun friendly state and run across people regularly that are not very comfortable with weapons. Do you think going out into a retail store slinging long guns helps our cause.... I believe it alienates us even more so. Carry on how you choose but I know I am going to see another thread about someone is pissed they cant go get their hair did at the place and their MAAAADDDD! Some of these places are not saying disarm. They are asking that you don't take it to the extreme and make other paying customers uncomfortable (reasonable to me). Oh, and look at the ramadas at your local shooting ranges and note all the holes in it. I don't feel comfortable with Jack handling a long gun in a store.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ok, not the BEST comparison but there is a point to it that a few touched on. Because you can doesn't mean you should. I personally don't OC because if I were a person about to commit a crime I am gonna take the guy out with the weapon first then carry on with my mission.
I'm willing to bet most criminals don't think in terms of "missions".

That aside it doesn't bother me if you see fit to OC a pistol (I laugh inside). I see OCing rifles and shotguns useless in public and populated areas. IT IS AN IN YOUR FACE ACT.
Most protests are "in your face". That's the point.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.