M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Recently bought a SOCOM and a TA01B. What mount are you all using for a 4*32 ACOG?
I've used a mount that is originally designed for the AN/PVS-4 night vision scope. Had it for several years and it is solid, but the scope sits high and requires a cheekpiece. I just recently traded my ACOG TA01NSN for a Springfield Stainless Range Officer Target 1911 so probably will soon list the mount in the trading post/classifieds.

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
Check out the CASM EX by m14.ca

Granted you essentially lose the irons, albeit a fixed peep in the mount, it would easily allow you to place the acog fore and aft to find your proper eye relief. Only thing to be mindful of would be the comb height might start getting tall, but this holds true for all the AR biased fixed base optics

·
Registered
11 Posts
You definitely want to check out the G1-OSM made by GDI Engineering, which is – or was – also sold as the Trijicon TA70. It's got a solid 3-point attachment system (side locking screw, stripper clip guide mount and contact screw to the receiver) and sets the 4x32-ACOG back far enough to not being compromised by its fairly short eye relief, if combined with the right lenght of pull. Also, the OSM doesn't obstruct your iron sights and lets you keep them as a back-up option (assuming, of course, your – highly recommended – cheek riser isn't permanently fixed to a certain height). As you can see, the ACOG mounts directly to the holes in the OSM, thus there will be no need to use an ACOG picatinny adapter. This keeps the optic system's profile as low as possible, considering it's sitting right above your rear sight.

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Air gun Gun accessory

Rectangle Composite material Auto part Metal Automotive tire

What kind of stock are you planning to use on your SOCOM, anyway? To me, the stock of the EBR chassis being rectracted two steps from its fully collapsed position seems to be ideal. That setup is a fair amount shorter than the synthetic M1A stock, so using a standard rifle stock would not only need to be compensated height-wise by a cheek riser, but also very likely compromise your eye relief to some degree or another.

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel

·
Registered
46 Posts
You definitely want to check out the G1-OSM made by GDI Engineering, which is – or was – also sold as the Trijicon TA70. It's got a solid 3-point attachment system (side locking screw, stripper clip guide mount and contact screw to the receiver) and sets the 4x32-ACOG back far enough to not being compromised by its fairly short eye relief, if combined with the right lenght of pull. Also, the OSM doesn't obstruct your iron sights and lets you keep them as a back-up option (assuming, of course, your – highly recommended – cheek riser isn't permanently fixed to a certain height). As you can see, the ACOG mounts directly to the holes in the OSM, thus there will be no need to use an ACOG picatinny adapter. This keeps the optic system's profile as low as possible, considering it's sitting right above your rear sight.

View attachment 458957

View attachment 458958

What kind of stock are you planning to use on your SOCOM, anyway? To me, the stock of the EBR chassis being rectracted two steps from its fully collapsed position seems to be ideal. That setup is a fair amount shorter than the synthetic M1A stock, so using a standard rifle stock would not only need to be compensated height-wise by a cheek riser, but also very likely compromise your eye relief to some degree or another.

View attachment 458959
That's one sexy bitch you got there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.