M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help and input from you guys. I have my M-14 in a Sage stock with the Sage DCSM installed. As you see from the title of my post I'm considering the ACOG. This is the ACOG calibrated for 7.62/.308. A number of places have this particular scope for sale with the Trijicon reflex site attached for around $1,300. Is this a workable scope on my rifle? Is there going to be an eye relief issue? Will it sit too high, even with the adjustable cheek piece?

As an alternative, I was considering the Trijicon 1X4 Accupoint scope. What rings do you recommend?

I'd like to go with the ACOG, providing it will work without any issuesl on my rifle.

What do you think? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
there are many threads about this but No, dont use an acog on your sage.

it will work with the sage stock model 0 and set all the way back on the dcsb, but it will not be comfortable.

Get a 1-5x 24mm optic they are MUCH MUCH BETTER. these type scopes are far superior to the acog. they wont survive the Aimpoint toss, just dont toss your rifle.

acogs are sorta obsolete due to eye relief being so short. and they are in a mount designed for an AR.

the weaver tactical 1-5x24 mm illuminated FFP are great and have TONS of eye relief

If i were to buy a new scope it would be the SWFA SS ill get the link.

http://m14forum.com/optics/161501-t-e-swfa-1-6x24mm-tactical-riflescope.html

here is the ret at 1x - great for CQC

then when you zoom in to 5x the reticle gets bigger and you have a rangefinding
ret

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yes and no. The TA11 has plenty of eye relief but I would not waste money on the reflex, they are too high to be very useful. I was looking at a TA11 last Saturday, had a green crosshair that was marked for a M14 up to 600 meters and a M240 up to 1200 asking was $1000 and I was tempted but passed.

5,445 Posts
Indeed, ACOGS usually have eye relief of but one and a half inches/1.5". On an AR they work well but I didn't like it on my M14.

·
Registered
406 Posts
on a Sage you probably have a bunch more rail estate to work with. Provided you can get a good, consistent cheek position you should be able to effectively use both. I find the ACOG a little bit faster than the accupoint and the Aimpoint faster than both. That said, this is my perception, I’ve never put this to a test.

I haven’t had a chance to put the ACOG through low light work, but the Accupoint was very good in low light. That’s what’s on my M1A now.

The TA11 has more eye relief than the 31, and I find there is some wiggle room.
I have mine on a 5.56 rifle now and I like it a lot. it’s very usable like a red dot, but since it’s magnified gives you a little more potential precision at longer distances.

The Accupoint takes up more room, but it’s still in the realm of possible. You probably give up some ruggedness but the glass is very, very good. Depending on your reticle choice, the ACOG offers you some more efficient ranging but it’s not a huge difference IMO.

·
Registered
88 Posts
To really get the good comfortable eye relief and still have a good cheek weld with the stock. You should take a look at the GDI mount, pricey but good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts