M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, thanks to XK319, my Smith Enterprises ACOG/MIL STD-1913 Scope mount arrived today! I will say that the mouting process was rather difficult and frustrating. BUT, once it was mounted the ACOG sat fairly low and eye relief was way better. I used the last two holes in the mount, so I had to remove my rear sight aperature in order for the ACOG to sit back to the farthest possible position.

Once everything was in place, I was pleased with the mount overall. I took a few photos of the ACOG mounted and with me shouldering the rifle.
Hopefully this will give those of you interested in this mount a little better idea if how it sits and what will be required to use it. For me personally, I will definately need a cheek riser, but not a huge deal. Any questions just ask!

The overall view of the ACOG mounted

In order to mount all the way rearward, the rear aperature has to be removed

This is the way I would normally shoulder the rifle to use my iron sights. Notice my face is lower on the stock

This is the way I had to shoulder the rifle to have perfect eye relief and cheek height. A cheek riser would be an absolute must for me

Reactions: JPriest and jmoore

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Very cool. GI5

You make that rifle look small.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Dude, that's a BA shirt. I want one.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jackalope: I picked up the shirt from Spike's Tactical in Apopka, Florida. I think they sell all of their shirts online as well if you wanted to order one. Thanks!

Snyper18: I am 603 and 250lbs!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I'm sorry for the necro post. Driving North with the family to NorCal for a new job. Scouring the site to stay awake while the wife drives.

Does this scope mount fit Sage chassis systems? I don't want to mount a Scot, but itd be good for other options.

·
Forum Jester
8,250 Posts
nice shirt(reminds me of the ex with her teeth out bitching at me).oh the fond memories

·
Forum Jester
8,250 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
My scout has an optic a little bit lower than how you have set up and I actually really like the chin weld on it. I guess I got use to it. I am in FL too you ever go to the Manatee 1000 yard range?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.