M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice AR15 carbine that I would like to put a red dot sight on.

I particularly like the ACOG design but I can't afford the cost.
I'm not planning to go to war or get involved in extreme combat so I just want to find a decent, reliable ACOG clone as inexpensive as possible.
Maybe around $200.

I'm not interested in other than ACOG type sights. Just a preference.

Any suggestions from actual experience?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I have a nice AR15 carbine that I would like to put a red dot sight on.

I particularly like the ACOG design but I can't afford the cost.
I'm not planning to go to war or get involved in extreme combat so I just want to find a decent, reliable ACOG clone as inexpensive as possible.
Maybe around $200.

I'm not interested in other than ACOG type sights. Just a preference.

Any suggestions from actual experience?
That's going to be tuff. The ACOG has a tritium insert. You will not find anything in the $200 dollar range with tritium insert. Most PDs I deal with use the Aim Point Pro but its a red dot sight and goes for over $400 dollars.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Not to derail, but since we are on the topic of ACOGs, Im about to buy a personal ACOG with the money Im getting back from purchasing an EO Tech... anyone know the cheapest place to obtain one?

I have two team ACOGs, but still.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I picked up an ACOG knockoff from GB 7-8 years ago and a "knockoff qd mount" off of ebay and the optic is stellar and the mount is a Larue. Look often and you never know....... I just got a real Comp M4 for -$500.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I wanted the ACOG and spent the money to get the original because that's what is used in combat. I wanted no half measures, even if I'm now retired and foresee no reason to be in the field anymore.

Yes, you can get and use cheap or even high quality optics which fit our needs today. But in the end....I love my ACOG.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.