M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some horse trading with a friend yesterday and ended up with a beautiful Pre-Series 70 Ace conversion kit.

It came with two mags, one of which is a Pre-War two tone, that will go well with my unfired Pre-War Ace.

This kit dropped onto my Series 70 with no issues when I got home. Can't wait to try it out...

The new kit installed on my Series 70.

And my mint, unfired, Pre-War Ace.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Wow. Beautiful.GITEN

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Very nice! My ACE conversion kit has been fitted with a Micro bushing but accuracy is still so-so. I think due to the floating chamber. Still they're nice to have. Not sure how old mine is, it's in a cardboard Colt box.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
I just got a 1970's era conversion kit but am waiting to get a series 70 or earlier to put it on... it obviously won't function on my S80 commander.

Doesn't look too bad, though... and seems to cycle dummy rounds okay.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got a 1970's era conversion kit but am waiting to get a series 70 or earlier to put it on... it obviously won't function on my S80 commander.

Doesn't look too bad, though... and seems to cycle dummy rounds okay.

Looks good! Now you gotta get a frame to put it on.

I had a spare Randal Commander Frame so ordered a Marvel kit for it a few years ago. Great kit, but it shoots very high. Uses Ace mags, though, which is great because I have about a dozen of them.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
My plan also to put my ACE on a frame. I have a Fed Ord frame laying around that I picked up several years ago. I also need to pick up a parts kit but have been out of the 1911's since the late '80's. Who makes a good lower parts kit these days? I have all the tools for 1911 building so that's no obstacle if there needs to be some fitting done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts