M14 Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welp here it is:

View attachment 468480

Initial thoughts: built quality looks absolutely top notch. The only thing I don't like is a M14 mag is TIGHT. Like have to struggle & use two hands to get one in tight...

It stretches the elastic real bad at the corners: View attachment 468485

As you can see it fits a 5.56 GI mag or a beer bottle fine.

I was debating between this & a repo Rhodie style rig when I ordered this. Wish I would have gone for the Rhodie rig now.
True story, Vietnam 1969: I was on Reaction Force detail at a large combat base one night and as usual when assigned these additional duties was just sitting around on standby, playing cards and drinking beer. Would only have to do anything if attacked. Well, we got rocketed so RF got activated. Grabbed my rifle, steel pot, flak jacket, and claymore bag of magazines, met at the rally point, loaded on a truck and hit the perimeter. Remember that part about "drinking beer"? Got to a bunker and went to load when I found I had grabbed the wrong claymore bag, the one with coke cans and snacks/c-rats. Quite embarrassed and some pretty high anxiety as I had to crawl around looking for ammo.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
True story, Vietnam 1969: I was on Reaction Force detail one night and as usual when assigned these additional duties was just sitting around on standby, playing cards and drinking beer. Would only have to do anything if attacked. Well, we got rocketed so RF got activated. Grabbed my rifle, steel pot, flak jacket, and claymore bag of magazines, met at the rally point, loaded on a truck and hit the perimeter. Remember that part about "drinking beer". Got to a bunker and went to load when I found I had grabbed the wrong claymore bag, the one with coke cans and snacks/c-rats. Quite embarrassed and some pretty high anxiety as I had to crawl around looking for ammo.
Great Story!

·
Registered
125 Posts
True story, Vietnam 1969: I was on Reaction Force detail one night and as usual when assigned these additional duties was just sitting around on standby, playing cards and drinking beer. Would only have to do anything if attacked. Well, we got rocketed so RF got activated. Grabbed my rifle, steel pot, flak jacket, and claymore bag of magazines, met at the rally point, loaded on a truck and hit the perimeter. Remember that part about "drinking beer". Got to a bunker and went to load when I found I had grabbed the wrong claymore bag, the one with coke cans and snacks/c-rats. Quite embarrassed and some pretty high anxiety as I had to crawl around looking for ammo.
Thanks for the laugh bud & thank you for your service. Glad you made it home.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welp here it is:

View attachment 468480

Initial thoughts: built quality looks absolutely top notch. The only thing I don't like is a M14 mag is TIGHT. Like have to struggle & use two hands to get one in tight...

I was debating between this & a repo Rhodie style rig when I ordered this. Wish I would have gone for the Rhodie rig now.
Welp here it is:

View attachment 468480

What a quandary - which one do I empty first? Did you run out of San Magoo, or do you just want to keep your kidneys in operation?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts