M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the Blue force gear ten speed 308 rig coming. It only holds 3 mags but I figure if I ever find myself in a situation that 80 rounds of 308 won't solve I'm probably not making it home anyways lol. I can report back on how it works if you'd like.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the Blue force gear ten speed 308 rig coming. It only holds 3 mags but I figure if I ever find myself in a situation that 80 rounds of 308 won't solve I'm probably not making it home anyways lol. I can report back on how it works if you'd like.
That would be great, and appreciated!

·
Registered
168 Posts
That would be great, and appreciated!
Welp here it is:

Outerwear Bottle Textile Sleeve Wine

Initial thoughts: built quality looks absolutely top notch. The only thing I don't like is a M14 mag is TIGHT. Like have to struggle & use two hands to get one in tight...

It stretches the elastic real bad at the corners:
Wood Mesh Textile Rectangle Grey

As you can see it fits a 5.56 GI mag or a beer bottle fine.

I was debating between this & a repo Rhodie style rig when I ordered this. Wish I would have gone for the Rhodie rig now.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welp here it is:

View attachment 468480

Initial thoughts: built quality looks absolutely top notch. The only thing I don't like is a M14 mag is TIGHT. Like have to struggle & use two hands to get one in tight...

It stretches the elastic real bad at the corners: View attachment 468485

I was debating between this & a repo Rhodie style rig when I ordered this. Wish I would have gone for the Rhodie rig now.
I went ahead and ordered the Rhodesian. Itchy finger and all that. I will send a pic and review!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the Rhodesian. Itchy finger and all that. I will send a pic and review!
Sweet. Did you get the one with a grenade pouch on each side? I'm fresh out of grenades but a guy could keep a multi tool or somethin' in there.

Edit: if I got the repo Rhodie camo but used it to carry M14 mags would I be burned at the stake?

·
Registered
168 Posts
For anyone else interested here is a super economical rig I setup for my favorite FAL:
Product Grey Pink Luggage and bags Font

Its a molle vest I got off Sportsman's guide for $18. Then I got a 10 pack of single M4 pouches for $11 last a canteen pouch for a couple bucks that holds a good sized IFAK & FAL related tools. Its definitely not high speed but the entire rig cost about 40 bucks & its completely modular. The M4 pouch holds a 20 or 30 rounds FAL mag perfectly:

Gas Tints and shades Electric blue Chair Auto part

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm sporting the Haley strategic heavy chest rig. Heavy just means it'll fit the 7.62 mags. It holds 4. with a couple extra pouches for pistol mags, lights, leatherman .... and 2 larger pouches. Compact unit with an H harness. I have the older version. The newer version has 4 little pistol pouches and one larger pouch if I remember correctly. It also sports an x harness. Well made.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Olongapo Outfitters

This guy makes a good stuff, check out his site.
He does indeed. I heard of this guy a few years ago. I was planning on getting his Grab-n-go for the M1 enbloc clip bandolier.
I was just on his site again last week. Out of stock on all products. Wondering if he's making them to order or just all jammed up with back orders?

Do you have any of his stuff? Please, do tell.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I’m running a velsyst jungle belt rig with tyr tactical mag pouches. I wanted something a bit more traditional but with a modern flare and this was absolutely perfect. I wish I had this set up when I was in the army. Way better than the FLC above an IBA lol! Holds 6 m14 mags 9 AR mags. I keep an IFAK in the 4th mag pouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welp here it is:

View attachment 468480

It stretches the elastic real bad at the corners: View attachment 468485

Dang I was looking at this one, so you wouldn’t recommend it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.