M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a coffee table picture book out the of the M14 and it's history? I would love to have a book like that showing the M14 in different eras and battle dress.

They are without doubt the bad ass of the US arsenal and we will probably never have another standard issue heavy hitter like her ever again. I have been lucky enough to own 2 in my lifetime and they are the crown jewels of my modest collection.

My last question is and be honest. Who here just gets their rifles out to look at and admire them? I really don't have to shoot mine all that often, Uncle Sam kind of overdosed me on that end but I like to admire the artwork of rifles.

·
Registered
152 Posts
my wife gives me strange looks as I often have one of my collection of rifles and pistols sitting on my desk in my home office just so I can have some 'Me time" with them... Luv the look, feel, and quality that goes into firearms of all ages and just because I am not at the range doesn't mean I can't still enjoy them..... GI2

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
I like to target shoot some but mine stays ready for when the dogs start barking and I need to go out back.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I recently completed (for now) the bells and whistles on my M1A by adding a a scope and a good bipod. Since then almost every day I've set it out in the living room for the evening just to admire it. My wife thinks I'm crazy but she is aware of it's beauty.

I think we all do that at some level.

+1 about whether there is a picture book dedicated to our rifles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My last question is and be honest. Who here just gets their rifles out to look at and admire them? I really don't have to shoot mine all that often, Uncle Sam kind of overdosed me on that end but I like to admire the artwork of rifles.
Now I don't feel like weirdo. I like when I come home and its sitting there waiting for me to gawk at.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
If someones wife can pay Thousands of dollars for a painting, just to hang it up on a wall and admire it, we ought to be allowed to do the same.

Reactions: lawnchair 04

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
my wife gives me strange looks as I often have one of my collection of rifles and pistols sitting on my desk in my home office just so I can have some 'Me time" with them... Luv the look, feel, and quality that goes into firearms of all ages and just because I am not at the range doesn't mean I can't still enjoy them..... GI2
The only thing I can add to what jismail stated is that I even enjoy the sweet aroma's that my weapons exude be it in use at the range, or just admiration at the house.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow...I guess I dont feel so weird now fondaling my m14 on a daily basis even when Im not planning to shoot itDI5

·
Banned
367 Posts
So, I guess I can say I am totally normal when it comes to admiring my guns. I just love the look and feel of a quality firearm. Someone spent a lot of time making them work so well and look so good. I spend a lot more time wiping them down than shooting them. Even setting them in a corner of the office so I can look over time to time.
My wife thinks I am nuts too, but she does like shooting the smaller caliber stuff (pistol .38 or lower, rifle .223 or lower). Says the M1A hurts to shoot and doesn't understand that its part of the whole package. You know, when after a few hundred rounds you get that good old sore shoulder. It lasts for a few days to remind you of the good times.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.