M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a fellow who is interested in getting an M1A. He lives in Connecticut and thinks you cannot have a box mag,Bayo lug or flash hider by law. I told him I'd ask here. Thanks, John.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Looks like Connecticut has the same reqs as the People's Republic of Kalifornia.

I bet you could get around them by swapping out the flash suppressor with a muzzle break like we do...

·
Registered
284 Posts
In CT if your buddy orders a current production rifle in any model it is ok. Once you add a bayonet lug or pistol grip you start getting into trouble.

If it is pre-ban its ok to have those bad features. They basically abide by the old Assault weapons ban so any one items not so bad but its when you combine more than 3 or four bad features that you have to worry. Current prodcution SAI rifles are still made to Assault weapons ban specs hence no bayonet lug or pistol grip.

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,725 Posts
It's interesting that in California flash suppressors are restricted while Bayonet lugs are not. In CT it's just the opposite. The only purpose of any of these types of restrictions is government control of the people. It's supposed to be the other way around.

·
Registered
190 Posts
To those with the gun phobia ...

What kind of a threat does the bayonete LUG pose?

... Compared to the rest of the M14 system - which is legal.

I don't understand the reasoning for this.

David
Baldwin, MD

·
Registered
182 Posts
I suspect there have been many murders due to the bayonet mounted on the rifle.

·
Registered
184 Posts
One way to look at it is that you may have no more than two "evil features". Pistol grip, detachable magazine, bayo lug, flash suppressor, collapsible/telescoping stock or grenade launcher. Two or less and you're ok.

On another note in CT... some of you may know that they tried to pass a more than 10 rd magazine ban last year until we shot them and their BS the F down.DISHOUT Never made it out of committee. Probably going to come up again though, pushed by the useless urban liberals (who cannot control their thug population) of course.

·
Registered
375 Posts
To those with the gun phobia ...

What kind of a threat does the bayonete LUG pose?

... Compared to the rest of the M14 system - which is legal.

I don't understand the reasoning for this.

David
Baldwin, MD
I suspect there have been many murders due to the bayonet mounted on the rifle.
Bayonet lugs have been known to be used to hook people by the nose. Watch out for them.
All good reasons not to have a bayo lug. Sorta like the trailer ball hitches on some pickup trucks. I seen all kind of things hanging off them, even a set of "nards" (testicals for you non-savy street people).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Interestingly enough, you could, in theory, have a bayonet lug on an unmodified SOCOM and still be in compliance with CT law as the SOCOM has a permanent muzzle brake installed and not a flash suppressor. Your grenade launcher will have to wait though.

-the detachable magazine and bayo lug would be your two evil features.

this link should take you right to the CT "Assault Weapons" ban if your friend has any further questions...

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/pub/Chap943.htm#Sec53-202a.htm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.