M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't seen any posts about the use of AA 2520. The only negative I know of it shoots dirty. I've worked up some loads using 168 Nosler CC bullets. That shoot very impressive even in my standard. Anyone else using this powder, and your thoughts.

The targets on the left were the standard on the right were shot with a loaded.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
I like AA2520

Works real well in .308 and .30 06

Heck it works well with my .223 loadings too,GITEN

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Aa2520

I use it,,I like it,FRG1,Great Powder for most any 308 load !!! I works great in my powder measure also !! I like my IMR 4895,,but I admit,,I'm lazy,,flipping the handle on my Powder measure is much easier & faster than trickling powder into the pan on my scale and dumping it into the case,,,GI4 I use it mostly for my plinking/blasting loads,,,147/150 FMJ stuff,,,,but I have loaded 168s also with it !!! Over all,,,good stuff !!! GI6

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I only use AA2520 in my M1 Garand and M1a. The results speak for themselves. The center was slow fire in my M1a. Then I got carried away.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
The only negative I know of it shoots dirty.
I apologize up front . But What the ? Dirty is my Hind End LOL
I am not a match shooter but it works great meters great an I think very clean burning

·
Registered
59 Posts
I switched from IMR4895 to 2520 because, at the time , it was less expensive and metered better. I found that it also shot cleaner. Cleaning the gas system produced less carbon then 4895. Many thousands of 168's were launched with 2520 and it is still my go-to load for competition.

David

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have also used 2520 and can only repeat what the others have said. I do think it is a clean burning powder. Used it for 168, 175, and 150 grain bullets.

I am trying other powders for fun, and have used all the 4895 powders, but I really think that 2520 will be my go to powder from here on out.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Great powder, accurate, seems to be clean, and meters well.

Heck, I use it in 45/70, too!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Great powder in the M14 type. Shoots well with 168 especially; in my testing. It is however a better cool weather powder as pressures will spike/fluctuate in hotter climates. If I reload with 2520 on hot days, I keep the ammo in a small cooler on the firing line.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My buddy always had better luck with this powder in his rifle. I could not get it to hold the 8 ring consistently on a SR1 target at 200 yards. i had much better luck with both IMR4895 and H4895. If it shoots good - use it.

Good luck

Jerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts