M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like for every active member there are usually 3 or 4 lurkers who are reading and watching the world of the M14 / M1A...

I personally know some of the lurkers and a good many of the lurkers would like to, someday, own an M1A. Your opportunity is coming.

Pick the options you would like to have on a slightly used / safe queen ( NM, loaded, etc) and write the price down as of today. Between January 1, 2016 and March 1, 2016 you will have an opportunity to pick up a weapon of similar condition for 25% less than you see it listed for today. This should be your incentive to save your money.

Just my gut feeling.... What do you have to loose?

Hobo

·
Registered
459 Posts
+1

An interesting post HH.

I would like to add that a box (or box +) of ZQI or any fmj 7.62x51 / .308 ammo picked up on say a weekly basis during this period would be money well spent/allocated.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The flip flop

An interesting post HH.

I would like to add that a box (or box +) of ZQI or any fmj 7.62x51 / .308 ammo picked up on say a weekly basis during this period would be money well spent/allocated.
-------------------------
That's what I'm talkin' about ----- For the skeptics out there who ask "How can you see ahead 5 -6 months?"... I say hind sight is 20 / 20... Sandy Hook is still in my rear view mirror.... Right along with waiting in a long gas line to fill up my truck back in 1977.... What ever you have an abundance of today might be different in the next year.

Hobo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lower prices explained........

so I wonder if jae will lower their prices to under 1k.

The manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers will not be lowering their prices... Those are fixed and there is very little "wiggle room". They will lay off people, idle plants and sell off inventory. This is not just the weapons industry... It is industry in general.

The sell off will be from the impulse buyer who, 6 months after his purchase, is out of a job, needing to pay his 2015 taxes, selling his M1A so he can buy a house and "just doesn't have time to go to the range"............ Again, not just weapons. It will be all of "the toys" that will be on the market.

That was a good thought, but it won't happen.

Hobo

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,092 Posts
I agree with you 100% about your early 2016 timeline, Hobo......However,
These lurking gentlemen had better get their rifles soon, I predict with an unsure election looming ahead with the real possibility of Hillary being elected, early Fall 2016 will bring high prices and shortages again, maybe another panic.
m14brian

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agree

I agree with you 100% about your early 2016 timeline, Hobo......However,
These lurking gentlemen had better get their rifles soon, I predict with an unsure election looming ahead with the real possibility of Hillary being elected, early Fall 2016 will bring high prices and shortages again, maybe another panic.
m14brian

Your wisdom is speaking.... That is why I am pegging the end of February 2016 for a man to "have his affairs in order". No need to panic, just pull their head out of the sand and look ahead a few months. What, for sure, is certain in 6 months?........ Anyone?

Hobo

By the way - U.S. stocks post biggest drop of 2015 (Today)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I keep building and buying Garands, M-14's, ammo and mags, it's not a questions of "if" the day will come, it is a question of "when" and Fall 2016 is as good a prediction as any IMHO...

·
Registered
582 Posts
As a complete aside to the Lurkers, you will never own a firearm that is as much fun to shoot as an M-14/M-1A! Ever!

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,092 Posts
As i understand it from a local prepper, the sheet storm will begin this fall ....
I heard the same thing from a local prepper here, but it was something to do with monetary/financial cycles, and having been 7 years since the crash of 2008, and other related things. Who knows? We can only be the best prepped as we can be, but having a proper rifle/ammo/training is top priority and should be considered by lurkers/newbies as a first procurement.
I will say to them that the M1A is My SHTF rifle.
m14brian

·
Registered
582 Posts
I heard the same thing from a local prepper here, but it was something to do with monetary/financial cycles, and having been 7 years since the crash of 2008, and other related things. Who knows? We can only be the best prepped as we can be, but having a proper rifle/ammo/training is top priority and should be considered by lurkers/newbies as a first procurement.
I will say to them that the M1A is My SHTF rifle.
m14brian
Oh yes! While I like AR15's, nothing penetrates barriers like a 7.62N! Well......nothing semi-auto!

Reactions: Hobo Hilton

·
Registered
17 Posts
You should have a look at we are facing in Canada come October. Could be real bad on the politics of guns.

Love those art shots with the plow and the rock and the steel !

What breed are those Bullpups ? One looks like an FN

1 - 20 of 47 Posts