M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hang out on another forum for BBQ and they have a button that you can press to say thanks for a post or a compliment. Here's an example...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105670

Multiple people can say thanks for the same post so under the post it will say thanks from-->TonyBen, Leadbug, 82nd...

Here's another example with thanks on post number 1:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105671

I like this because it allows you to acknowledge useful info without having to write a full reply, especially if you don't have much to say except thanks.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
I like that idea.

Reactions: tonyben

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
As long as you keep it over on the right so I can find it next time, I say go for it. Like makes a little more sense to me (for whatever that's worth)

·
Registered
433 Posts
How about changing it from Thanks to Like? So, instead of saying "thanks" for a post, you would be saying you "like" a post. Thoughts?
I dunno, too much "like" Facebook I think. I'd stick with "Thanks", just my $.02
Awesome addition though Lash & Tonyben !

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
How about changing it from Thanks to Like? So, instead of saying "thanks" for a post, you would be saying you "like" a post. Thoughts?
"Thanks" doesn't seem to be the right word but like Jackalope said, "like" is already used by facebook. Maybe a "recommend" button? Or "applaud" or "cheers?" This forum is all of the social networking I do so I don't know what else is out there.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah; on some other forums, there is a "reps" button which allows you to point out an exemplary post. The receiver garners his "rep points", and there are "medals" given at certain achievement levels. Seems like a good idea here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.