M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes really. Actually, my wife has recently taken an interest in having her own M-4 type rifle. After discussing options with her and showing her some pictures, she stated that she would really like to have a red one, not pink, RED. She made that VERY CLEAR. So, my question is, where can I get a RED anodized upper, lower and solid aluminum handguard---Does anyone sell such a thing or do I have to have it custom anodized?

Thanks for any guidance.

Bob

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
You're probably going to have to have it anodized, or you could try cerakote, or gunkote, or something like that..

Reactions: SGT John SWF

·
Banned
160 Posts
red guns

Pard, I'm not telling you, advising or criticizing, but only offering food for thought, you might want to rethink this project and discuss with your wife.
I can't speak for military environment but in law enforcement environment red colored guns usually signify non-lethal training only weapons. There may be unseen implications or unintended consequences to this project that are less than desirable.

Any other color might be a better selection choice than red.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
After discussing options with her and showing her some pictures, she stated that she would really like to have a red one, not pink, RED. She made that VERY CLEAR.
To match the Kitchenaid mixer, right?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pard, I'm not telling you, advising or criticizing, but only offering food for thought, you might want to rethink this project and discuss with your wife.
I can't speak for military environment but in law enforcement environment red colored guns usually signify non-lethal training only weapons. There may be unseen implications or unintended consequences to this project that are less than desirable.

Any other color might be a better selection choice than red.
Thanks---concerns noted and appreciated perhaps Purple?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're probably going to have to have it anodized, or you could try cerakote, or gunkote, or something like that..
Thanks Ham. If I can't find a source I can afford, I will probably try the Cerakote or Durakote---

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You better cerakote it....after all....just like the wall colors in your house, she will want you to change the color someday. ICONWINK

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've seen Anodized stripped lowers in several colors. You can also go powder coat route.
My daughter will want this in a few years. My wife already wants one
The rifle. Not the woman. I don't know this person. Just snagged the pic to make the point anything is possible

·
Registered
47 Posts
IIRC Aero Precision sells both uppers and lowers in the white, so no additional cost for stripping/ prep. Probably the best choice for proper type 3 hardcoat anodizing is US Anodizing, I believe Victor is the one to talk to. Or there is always the paint on/ bake on route....

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Hydrodipping is the best route IMO

·
Registered
236 Posts
GI4+1 for the hydrodipping, buddy used it with great success for his AR. The grey he did it in actually looks great. and sorry I dont have picturesGI4

Reactions: rwilli
1 - 20 of 33 Posts