M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did everyone see Henry is going to produce a Henry rifle. From the limited news I got its going to be made in the U.S. and in 44-40. Anyone have any numbers? Dan

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I did hear they were upping production in Wisconsin to help build them - well, 30-30 and 45/70 models......no #'s that I remember tho....

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I sure wish they'd make one in 44 special. And I hope they make it a lot better than a make their standard 44 mag, By better I don't mean quality I mean the way the originals were and not those kind of funky looking receivers they have now.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HOLY CRAP! I'm with you bigbuck. 2300.00 is just over the top. For that I'd get a real "73".

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
The original real deal Henry did not have fore end wood either. The fore end did not come along until the 1866 Winchester.

The Henry was offered in either a brass or iron framed configuration. The Confederate troops called the Henry, "That damned Yankee rifle that you loaded on Sunday and shot all week."

7th

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I owned two Uberti models in the past. To me, they were very uncomfortable to shoot, the barrel/under lug -tube got hot really fast, and the follower for shells in the tube constantly got in my way. On both models the rear sight needed substantial tweaking to get it straight and tight on the elevation part. I don't have either one now - but I DO have a 1866 and an 1873 Repro, and them I like fine.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I have an Uberti Henry, brass frame, 44-40. It is a fun shooting rifle, like my Uberti 73 sporting rifles but it gets more attention on the range.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wonder what kind of longevity issues a brass (bronze) receiver might see when using these full power rifle cartridges, especially with the toggle link bolt they have. BP is a lot lower pressure, and the original .44 rimmed ammo couldn't have even been 40gns of powder. Sounds cool but maybe not practical as originally engineered.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
For that price I will pass . I always try to buy American made . Just the same I ain't an Idjut with my money

1 - 14 of 14 Posts