M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks Jon.

I wanted to take a minute to give credit where it is due. I had a few questions, and Jon answered most of them. I had him put the barrel on the receiver for me. He set the timing, and fit the op-rod and bolt to the gun properly. After reading most of J Kuhnhausens book, I knew what to look for, for the most part. You can tell in dealing with him, and by his work, that he has a work ethic, maybe more. It is both noticed and appreciated, and therefore should be said.
Ok, there's a wait time, but it says so clearly on the website.

The gun wasnt perfect and he came right out and told me so. Cool. Maybe I'll have him re barrel it someday. When I had sent it to Springfeild, they returned it claiming to have done work on it that wasnt done, and on top of it all, they told me that it was safe to fire. It wasn't. Before I removed the barrel to work on the feed ramps and parkerizing, the thing wouldnt even chamber. It was way short for some reason. I'm not exactly sure, I got it used and havent even fired it yet. I figured I'd better send it to someone who knew what they were doing after attempting to index it myself. I could, just don;t have the tooling.

Anyways, I just wanted to do my part here.

Thanks. Neil.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I did get to shoot it. I love it. You're right, it does shoot a bit right. Groups very well.

Do you think it's the barrel, or the receiver? If it's the barrel, I might have you rebarrel it one of these days.

How much would it cost?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Ok I did get to shoot it. I love it. You're right, it does shoot a bit right. Groups very well.

Do you think it's the barrel, or the receiver? If it's the barrel, I might have you rebarrel it one of these days...
Pardon the intrusion, but is this really an issue, or is it luck of the draw? I honestly don't know.

My SAI Loaded needed the front sight flush with one side of its base to center its groups. I just figured that was within tolerance. Unlike the M1917, the wings move with the sight, so it doesn't affect your sight picture at all.

That said, my JRA Winchester with a Criterion barrel is dead center and dead on.

I took the sights off my SAI Scout before I ever fired it, so didn't get a chance to see where its windage was. It's dedicated to a scope and suppressor mount.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont have the experience to know if this is a problem honestly.

If I get it to hit the bullseye at 100 yards, is it going to be off at 200 and further at 3 and further at 400?

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
No, it won't arc the bullet horizontal, just vertically. If the front post or the rear sight have to be adjusted for windage and are not dead center on their bases it is no biggie, it's possible to have them centered, but don't happen on every rifle, too many variables. Like timing, splines, flash suppresor, rear sight pocket on reciever,and rear sight base, maybe not all those things but some or most of them would have to mate together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts