M14 Forum banner

A range day for LI members

11054 Views 41 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  82nd ABN
Anyone interested in a day at the range where we can all get together. Looking to get as many members from LI to go at the same time and drag a 14 out to shoot. If ya don't have one don't worry. Please post some dates you think would work for you. I would imagine for most it would need to be a weekend.
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Forever Remembered - RIP
2,117 Posts
yup there sat and sun

crowding up early this year with pre-opening day Fudd's zeroing in their rifles

by noon benches are freeing up again

2,117 Posts
LOL. Mike must be yelling like a madman.
seriously...we should start a pool on when he will work himself into a stroke and gets gurney'd out of there

granted the annual Fudds are by and large a pretty sorry bunch when it comes to gun safety...

all jumped up on buck-fever adrenaline and not listening...now...

couple that with the safety-critical commands that are buried in Mike's stream-of-consciousness blather on the PA system

and you have a recipe for tragicomedy

· Registered
2,807 Posts
seriously...we should start a pool on when he will work himself into a stroke and gets gurney'd out of there

granted the annual Fudds are by and large a pretty sorry bunch when it comes to gun safety...

all jumped up on buck-fever adrenaline and not listening...now...

couple that with the safety-critical commands that are buried in Mike's stream-of-consciousness blather on the PA system

and you have a recipe for tragicomedy
Your buddy emailed me to tell me he's coming on Sunday. I will be there, too. Breaking in the new barrel.

I was there a few months back with a buddy of mine who is a Marine. He started chatting with Mike, and Mike started copping the attitude that my buddy was lying to him about being in the service.
At the end of the day, Steve turns to me and says "What a f*%ing dick!"

I just laughed and said he likes you. He will probably come with me on Sunday as he wants to shoot pistol.

· "Death From Above"
12,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Damn wish I knew that the other day!

Anyone heading to the match on Sunday? The MC I'm in is hosting a ride for vets day. I don't think I'll be riding that one. Tough choices we have to make

2,117 Posts
I am pretty sure I will be on the line on Sunday 9/23

Benches 1 & 2 w/Paul. I'll tell Mike or whomever to hold 3 if yer coming
g

2,117 Posts
I was at cow harbor day as well! Was supposed to do a poker run with the club bit bailed on it to go girl watching with an old friend. Another of my favorite pastimes.
Warren, ditch the geezer-cycle and buy my Ducati,

ride alone ride fast, you won't hear sheet metal scraping on the twisties

2,117 Posts
Gerry, I will be there. Coming with a friend of mine, so if you could grab two, but nomworries, I will be there early anyway. FYI, he's a lefty like Paul.
OK great! If you're running late I will tell Mad Mike the Microphone we need benches 1-4

· Registered
2,807 Posts
As usual, another great day sending lead downrange. Mike was in rare form...some poor slob carrying his rifle to the rack at 89 degrees, instead of the microphone enforced 90, fell victim to his verbal abuse. Good times with Gerry, Paul and my friend Chris, followed by some well deserved heart burn at Uncle Mikes, made for a great day once again.

See you guys next week!!

2,117 Posts
LOL yes a great time...Mike providing the entertainment should be more common as more of the annuals show up to sight-in

Dogs were up to Uncle Mike's customary standards and do a nice finishing touch to a day of mannish pursuits

I think next weekend will be my last and then I'll be headed down to my house in NC for a spell

2,117 Posts
yup we are in high pre-opening day season

I may try to get out there this weekend...probably Sunday

2,117 Posts
Whimping-out on tomorrow....I really have to get all the tree wreckage out of the backyard and to the curb...rumor is that the clean-up trucks are coming this week

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.