M14 Forum banner

A.R.M.S. mount question

916 4
Hello all,
Is the Dovetail stripper clip block for the A.R.M.S. #18 Mount OLD and NEW style interchangeable?? I ask because I am trading the Old style for New style.... This way I do not have to remove the one that is on my M1A now.

:) TIA
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
DocMinster said:
Hello all,
Is the Dovetail stripper clip block for the A.R.M.S. #18 Mount OLD and NEW style interchangeable?? I ask because I am trading the Old style for New style.... This way I do not have to remove the one that is on my M1A now.
Yes, they're the same. The only difference is the two mounting pads of the old style versus the full-length rail of the new.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Hi Doc,

I agree with Warbird. Each mount may be slightly different in its making spec wise. So loosening it would allow the mount to find its own center and not be influenced by the solid clip guide mount.

BTW: If you're selling the old style mount, I think Msgt Maze was looking for one... and if not, I would be interested! :lol:

Aloha,

Tom O.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.