M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out there, not sure if I'm doing this rite so I hope I don't upset some. Any way I just bight a new M1A scout squad, my plans are to put an Sage EBR mod 1 chassis on it, what els could I improve on this rifle?

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
18,096 Posts
what els could I improve on this rifle?
I like to replace the standard op rod spring guide with a Sadlak NM, I replace the op rod springand mag spring with a Wolff extra power, sometimes a Sadlak TiN coated gas piston can help accuracy. A trigger job. I like an optic on mine.
m14brian

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
18,096 Posts
Before you do any accuracy mods, shoot it and get a baseline for accuracy.
Some of the things I listed are more for reliability or to improve functioning. Some M1A owners like to replace the extractor and other parts with a USGI piece for reliability also.
There are many other things that can be done to try to enhance accuracy as well. I agree with six clicks, read up some and learn how the rifle operates first, and spend some time with it.
m14brian

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a scout on the way as well. I am basically going to do what Brian said. I'll run some rounds through the weapon and see how it operates before I make any changes. You just gotta see how it performs to your liking. It's all on what you want from it, if you'd like it to be better, then look into possible improvements. If it's great out of the box, don't fix something that's not broken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts