M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, fng from down south. I’ve been doing my background research for a build project and wanted to elicit your input. Over twenty years ago Fulton Armory built me a gorgeous match M14 with which I can shoot 1-MOA all day long. That was then, and now there are more players in the game. I’ve got several virgin receivers purchased about 20 years ago, and finally decided to turn at least one into a shooter. I’m not looking to get a sub-MOA, but a rugged reliable shooter that can do me proud in local matches.

Who are the shining lights who can build a solid-to-exemplary shooter? Is it worth it to get a CMP parts kit and send the whole thing to an armorer? What else might I need to consider? Just looking for some answers and to provoke some thought.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Another player for the parts kit is LRB Arms. Their kit, is not fully USGI parts there are some that are new commercial parts; like the Op rod, gas cylinder, flash hider.

I ordered the LRB Arms parts kit vs. CMP due to limited funds. $600 + 22.95 for shipping vs. 469.95 + shipping. The kit I got is in good serviceable condition, the stock though is well used, fair but useable.

There is list of armorers, gunsmith or manufacturers on this forum who can perform the task you need.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lrb

Thanks BrokenVet. I'd seen the LRB website, but somehow I missed their parts kit. I'll have to look into it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts