M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends,
Happy Holidays to you and your families. It's been a long time, and hope you're all well.

Sometime ago, I purchased this NIB Bishop walnut stock from Mr. Kurt C. here on the forum and the excellent condition walnut handguard from another member whom I cannot recall at the moment. While not perfectly matching, they do seem to compliment each other well enough for my liking and form a foundation for which I'd like to build a rifle on.

My dilemma is, well, what to build!?!

I'd love some thoughts and suggestions, as I always enjoyed involving my friends on my previous projects.

Cheers and thanks in advance for your input.
--Brian
馃懣

Wood Hardwood Slope Flooring Font

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome back JD, how are the "lil Devils" doing??
Hummmm Semi auto M14 stock,,,um, build a semi auto M14 of course!!:eek:
Hey there, my friend. Been a long time.
Whoa there!! One "lil devil," just one.....and a herd of cats. We have a lot of cats! LOL
Can you believe she's five years old already!!??
Yes, a semi-auto for sure ;)

Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
Welcome back Jersey Devil, it's been a long time since you have posted here (9months). The real world keeping you very busy.

XXIV Corps

Reactions: Jersey Devil

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Brian, I just got back on the forum yesterday after a long break nice to see your post. How about a stone stick GI special. Hope you and the family are well. Steve.
Hey Steve!
Wow it's been a few years since we've chatted. Really great to reconnect with you, and hope all is well.
Yes, I'm thinking something more on the traditional side like a GI special for sure. I think I may very well go bare bones and all USGI parts on this one. So many options!!
Cheers to you, my friend.
--Brian

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome back Jersey Devil, it's been a long time since you have posted here (9months). The real world keeping you very busy.

XXIV Corps
Hi Ken!
Happy Holidays, my friend. Yes, it's sure been a while....then a while before that I believe.
The real world is tough, but I'm making it through. A bad mitral valve that needed repair and a five year old sure keeps things interesting and very, very busy!
FYI.....I strongly suggest not having open heart surgery if you can at all avoid it......!!!
Cheers,
---Brian

Premium Member
Hi Ken!
Happy Holidays, my friend. Yes, it's sure been a while....then a while before that I believe.
The real world is tough, but I'm making it through. A bad mitral valve that needed repair and a five year old sure keeps things interesting and very, very busy!
FYI.....I strongly suggest not having open heart surgery if you can at all avoid it......!!!
Cheers,
---Brian
Day-um... glad you're OK.

Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
To late JD, 2020 I had my heart surgery.

XXIV Corps

Reactions: Jersey Devil

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome back,been a long time since we have heard from you,I'd say a straight up all USGI build to compliment that sexy stock.
Thanks Terry!
Great to reconnect with you. Yes, I'm definitely leaning the all USGI way for sure. When I got that stock from Kurt I knew it was a keeper, and I'm glad I didn't sell it off. The handguard is a lot smoother than the stock, but I assume some BLO and steel wool should take care of that problem, no?
Thanks, my friend!
--Brian

Premium Member
Brian, I often wondered what happened to you and figured it was life. Family, work and other interests. Glad to see your back.

WELCOME BACK BRIAN

I think, since you asked for opinions, you should build to suit your tastes. What I think is irrelevant, its your build and your money, never felt comfortable telling others how to spend it.
You know me, I like traditional builds, but since you are committed to that particular stock(which is a fine stock) traditional is pretty much ruled out.

I know you will build something special, so I think I鈥檒l sit back and enjoy the ride.

MORE THAN A HOBBY, A PASSION!

REN

Super Moderator
Hey there, my friend. Been a long time.
Whoa there!! One "lil devil," just one.....and a herd of cats. We have a lot of cats! LOL
Can you believe she's five years old already!!??
Yes, a semi-auto for sure ;)
Glad too hear your still kick鈥檔, and how is the little one doing? Has she started school yet?

Registered
I know what you mean that you are busy with a little one. We are have three here that are 10, 13 yr old and little brother that is 20 months old Because their mother has Covid. 20 month old can keep you young and get you old fast, but he is fun. I think they are going home today 馃. We have 14 grandkids between the wife and me.
Good to hear that your doing good dog.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts