M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
just a little cut and paste but do you guys think it would ever work
Rhineland arms sells a wood stock that is set up like that. It is meant for the Remington 700.
No idea if it could be routed out some more to fit an M14 pattern, or if the mag well placement would line up.

You realize law483 has thumbhole M1a designs, right? Seems like it would just be better/easier to go with a purpose built solution.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aics

Rhineland arms sells a wood stock that is set up like that. It is meant for the Remington 700.
No idea if it could be routed out some more to fit an M14 pattern, or if the mag well placement would line up.

You realize law483 has thumbhole M1a designs, right? Seems like it would just be better/easier to go with a purpose built solution.
I just really like the feel of my aics on my rem 700, i think AI should stepp in and build one for the m1a m14 platform it would be in the same category as jae stocks, it would be a solid alluminum frame yet light weight i really like the ergos on it, plus victoy company now makes conversion skinns for the aics that turn them into pistol grip stocks http://www.victorcompanyusa.com/index.html

·
Registered
997 Posts

Acuracy International made a prototype M14 stock a few years ago and brought it to SHOT but they never put it in production.

My LAW483 M14T6 is similar in concept but my stocks are wood and laminate wood. I have very little call for Thumbhole stocks so they are toward the bottom of the priority list.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Acuracy International made a prototype M14 stock a few years ago and brought it to SHOT but they never put it in production.

My LAW483 M14T6 is similar in concept but my stocks are wood and laminate wood. I have very little call for Thumbhole stocks so they are toward the bottom of the priority list.
...but they are on the list. PM sent.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
so does a alluminum stock like this really exist?
Um, yes. However it appears as I am mistaken. As Mr. Law pointed out Accuracy International did do a stock and displayed it at shot show. It obviously hasnt come to the civilian market.

The Ashbury International Group also did a stock. It was based off of a heavily modified sage stock. Theirs incorporated their SABER-FORSST folding stock and some other improvements... http://www.ashburyintlgroup.com/ashburynews/page/2/ if you scroll to the bottom of the page right before the link to honoring martin luther king you'll see a picture from shot show and the M14 is on the bottom row. Ashbury does not sell items to civilians or individuals. They sell complete weapons systems to ENTIRE agencies, they also do all the product integration and initial training. They kind of specialize in the high-end of the spectrum. I believe that unless your running an agency the size of the FBI, this is unobtanium.USN4

**Correction** I found one thread on snipers hide where an individual managed to acquire a saber-forsst stock. he is from itay and he paid over $2500 for a single stock for his SAKO trg.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Here is a pic from an old thread about the same subject.

http://m14forum.com/modern-m14/84780-accuracy-international-aics-chassis-system-m1a-m14.html

You forgot to mention the Accuracy International M1A/M14 stock.

The rear section is identical to the AICS 2.0 while the front is still a rough design that is fairly square on the bottom and it accepts the standard M1A handguards on top.

I felt about the same weight as a standard AICS 2.0 stock.

They have some kinks to work out regarding the fitting of non-spec receivers but it should be ready sometime this year.

And sorry... no pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.