M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Virus has slowed things down some and I thought this would be a good time to do a little remodeling in my shop. The office area and my work benches didn't contribute much to the continuity and work flow in my shop. I think this will be a big help and it will save me a bunch of steps on my tired old feet. The big machinery is still on the other side of the shop, but there is only so much space available.
IMG_6553.JPG
IMG_6553.JPG IMG_6554.JPG IMG_6555.JPG

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
That is way too organized and clean. When my 4x8 truck box got to be too small, I moved into the old 30x80 hog barn and you know what? That's getting to be too small. Ted, want to come over and reorganize me?

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys just haven't seen the rest of the shop! I have stuff piled everywhere. I expect that all this cleanliness won't last long. The whole thing is that after close to 18 years working in this shop, I'm starting to see where arranging things in certain sequences makes the work flow better. Prior to building this shop I was working in a 7x11 spare room in the house. I thought I would never run out of room in the new building... boy was I wrong about that!

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Ted, there seems to be a truism "No matter how big the space is, stuff will expand to fill it." This is especially true if you have "friends" who just "know" that you "need this". Having said that, nf1e, if you are running out of space to store your collection, I still have room in my 30x80 hog barn.

·
Premium Member
15,439 Posts
Ted, there seems to be a truism "No matter how big the space is, stuff will expand to fill it." This is especially true if you have "friends" who just "know" that you "need this". Having said that, nf1e, if you are running out of space to store your collection, I still have room in my 30x80 hog barn.
Under control for the moment. My wife has given me her blessing to build something the size of your hog barn for storage of tractors and equipment along with a new shop on one end. Don't know if it will happen in this lifetime, but the prospect is there. Now that I am retired, there just isn't enough time for everything.

·
Super Moderator
3,378 Posts
What a good feeling to have a clean shop, even if it's only for a few days! Nice work!

M1Army

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,202 Posts
Yeah, that's a great looking shop space and setup! Need more M14 stocks hanging though I'd say. :cool:
m14brian

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a couple dozen stocks hanging off another rafter. When I get around to cleaning the rest of the place up I'll post more pictures, but don't hold your breath. There is a ton of consignment stuff sitting in the middle of the floor. I have been selling it off on the net and at gun shows, but it's slow moving. Anyone need a bunch of 12 and 20 GA buckshot shells?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts