M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a lot of searching(as much as My Pea brain can handle),and I can't seem to find a list of Manufacturer markings for M14 parts,just Who made them.Since I bought these CMP kits I've been very interested as to what I have.

I know about HR marked parts and the Winchester 66118 markings but I've run into some I don't know.I have a safety in an all HR/HR-N marked group that is marked with a K and then an 8 under it,also My gas cylinder(which lacks anymore finish)is marked M,the a circle with a T(I think),and then an L...Is that TRW manufacture?

Thanks for any Help Fellas,I am always trying to learn any info that I can find,and after Years of trying to learn about M1(US CAL.30),I know that there is more that I don't know than I do.
Ryan

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
The M on your Gas Cylinder I have no Idea. The Circle T is for Torrington a sub For HR. for the L again no idea
There is an Unscrupulous Dealer on Gun Broker that Advertises his Circle T gas Cylinders as TRW .
Someone will chime in Shortly with more answers

Reactions: Shortman

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The M on your Gas Cylinder I have no Idea. The Circle T is for Torrington a sub For HR. for the L again no idea
There is an Unscrupulous Dealer on Gun Broker that Advertises his Circle T gas Cylinders as TRW .
Someone will chime in Shortly with more answers
Many thanks!That is good news because all the other marked parts are HR,and I'm going for all H&R manufacture(-barrel which is Criterion,and obviously Receiver).

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Prince What was your Sight Base Marked ???
Elevation & Windage Just Curious

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Wow that is absolutely correct. Seems you just need a H&R safety

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello group I am new to this group. Can anyone tell me more about my rifle parts or direct me where I can look them up myself.
Bolt. 7790186-66118-DD
Trigger group-7267030-0. Maybe s not sure on last digit
Op rod-7267064 TRW
Front sight-NM 072
Are any of these parts USGI my guess all commercial
Thanks

·
Registered
14,795 Posts
Hello group I am new to this group. Can anyone tell me more about my rifle parts or direct me where I can look them up myself.
Bolt. 7790186-66118-DD
Trigger group-7267030-0. Maybe s not sure on last digit
Op rod-7267064 TRW
Front sight-NM 072
Are any of these parts USGI my guess all commercial
Thanks
Bolt is USGI Winchester
Trigger housing is commercial
Oprod is USGI TRW
Front sight is commercial

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks to the group my rifle came with a choate wood stock that has a metal folding stock. I can’t find a picture or any info anywhere on it. I guess my rifle is a bush version? Still trying to understand what I’ve got.

·
Registered
14,795 Posts
Thanks to the group my rifle came with a choate wood stock that has a metal folding stock. I can’t find a picture or any info anywhere on it. I guess my rifle is a bush version? Still trying to understand what I’ve got.
The wood folding stock came in two versions, depending on whether the folding portion has one arm or two. It was not made by Choate. The two arm version is made from Italian BM-59 parts and a custom walnut stock.

Choate folding stocks were assembled using fiberglass USGI stocks with the butt cut off.

You have a Bush rifle. The serial number is most likely well below 100k.

The last digit on your trigger housing is either a G or an O. It is commercial, but it may have USGI internal parts. Look for markings on the hammer and safety.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.