M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone a little while ago with none other than Les Tam, Sling maker extraordinair.....
what a gentleman. Probably spent close to 15 minutes or so on the phone with him. And here's the reason why......

Received an e-mail from Tom O. the other day wishing me a happy birthday and what a surprise.....He has blessed me with a brand new custom made Les Tam Sling for my birthday. So I was on the phone answering some questions from Les Tam in order that he could make my sling just the way I want it. I can't wait to get it and will be posting a pic of it when it arrives. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks very, very much Tom.....you know how much I have wanted to get one. You keep showing me how much of a good Tomodachi (friend) you are. Thanks again, Hawk

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hawk,

I appreciate all of the help and support you and Six have given me since I came along. Its a small token to say "Thanks" as well as a "Happy Birthday!!!" I'm only sorry that I was too poor at the end of the year and NOT getting this to you earlier... :cry: Well, better late than never!

And I am a firm believer in What Goes Around, Comes Around!

Good Luck in 2003, Hawk! This should be an outstanding year for you and all of us!!!

Aloha and Best Wishes!

Tom O.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom It gives me great pleasure to assist you and others as best as my limited knowledge will allow. I have managed to find many new friends such as yourself in the past few years. I think M-14 owners are great people. :D Mahalo, Hawk

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Hawk,

I just wanted to drop you a line and tell ya, I'm getting a Les Tam for myself as well... and I just got off the phone with him... very cool guy!

Yep, I hope they're done by the time I get back from Pohnpei... :lol: I am sure you hope so too...

Anyway, Take Care of Six and fellas while I'm away! :lol:

Aloha,

Tom O.

Maybe I'll shoot you a cococnut or two... :lol:

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do Tom....and you have a safe and wonderful trip. warmest regards Tomadachi! Hawk

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well new Tam Sling arrived :D :D :D yesterday and boy is it a beauty... :D :D :D the pics below just don't do it justice. Thanks Tomodachi!!! :D :D :D Oh and one interesting thing about the sling.....Mr Tam uses original hooks taken from original circa 1918 USGI slings, so I now own a little piece of history....cool 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Yow! Hawk!

That looks awesome!!! I hope mine looks as good...

Glad you liked your Birthday present! 8)

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

Yup, I'm back... Yaaahhhoooo!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
glad to see you're back... :D been awful quiet round here.... :cry: was beginning to think that nobody liked here anymore :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts