M14 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Sinus meds. Over the counter type. I don't need them all the time, but I have a few days a year that I am useless without them.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Dipped in vinegar.
I don't remember reading that when I read about the sponge but I guess it would make it a little more sanitary.. I remember reading something more along the lines of it sitting in a bucket of water and being passed around for different people to use.

7. Wooly Mullein: The Miner’s TP. One of the very best natural substitutes, mullein is soft, absorbent, and has large leaves. The seed is actually used to expel tapeworms from the body, and the flowers and leaves are antiseptic, and astringent. Plus, it is considered an invasive plant, so no one will care if you harvest it. All good properties in my book. Plants are great, just remember your poisonous characteristics. A waxy coating will make for a poor wipe, and is also a characteristic of plants like poison ivy, and poison oak!
I came across a list since this thread made me curious about your options if you needed them and wooly mullein doesn't sound too bad. GI1 It has the common use a sock, shirt, or paper from a book or journal.

http://thrive-outdoors.com/2012/01/23/buttwipe/

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I think that as I walked down the road with only two things, . . . a rifle in one hand and my Bible in the other, . . . I'd give the rifle to someone who needed it, . . . but my Bible stays with me.

If we are that bad off, . . . at 70 already, . . . might just be time to quit worrying about it all.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Got 'em, but they are one step above birth control glasses.
If you're worried about how you look, things can't be that bad!

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Petroleum Jelly...aka...Vaseline

You can start a fire on wet wood with it
You can put it on minor wounds and it will help them heal (it's original use)
You can apply it strategically someplace and it will help you hike all day long in desert enviorns when you cannot shower daily. (don't ask)
You can make FIRE RAVIOLIs with it by slopping it on a cotton ball then wrapping it in foil.
You can apply it to your lips to keep them from cracking, same with hands.
You can mix it with eucalyptus oil and it will clear your head of snot when it is really important to do so.

ect...ect....

never be caught without your small jar or Vaseline.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
I'd have to say nasal spray, sometimes I can't sleep without it.
m14brian
Brian, I hope this helps...

mix Vaseline and eucalyptus oil together, then squash it into a cleaned out 40 S&W casing with primer still in it, then put a 44 mag or 44 special casing, with primer still in it, over that and you will have an inhaler that lasts almost forever. Those two casings lock up really tight and seal up awesomely so you will not loose a thing. Then just pull them apart and inhale.

You could even get creative and do something with the primer hole, but I never got that creative with mine.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Air conditioning and 60" flat screen.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Fire starters (matches, flints, striker tools, whatever).USN2

21 - 40 of 40 Posts