M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 SAI Standard loaded, sn 103,xxx. A keeper.
99 Posts
I ordered new optics for my M1A so yesterday I pulled the scope and stood back admiring how the appearance of the rifle instantly changed. I haven't seen that look for many years. I put the rifle to my shoulder, peered down the peeps and instantly got a big smile and a feeling of happiness that only an M14/M1A owner can understand. Several times I put it down, picked it up and took it outside sighting most everything in neighborhood. The profile, the balance, the accuracy, the firepower and the fact of having a USA made rifle consisting of all USGI parts with the exception of the receiver and barrel is why I cheerish this piece of history. It brought back memories of shooting them in the 60's and the disapointed feeling when I was given that little plastic rifle. These rifles take a lot of bashing from the new era high tech bolt guys, but for those that shoot these rifles they just take it with a grain of salt and smile from within. Once you have one, you will always have one. These rifles have been deemed by some to be a failure. They've been CENSOREDGI canned, cut up, but are still in demand. This lock, stock and barrel will always be my favorite rifle and I think my new scope might just sit in the box for a while.

·
Premium Member
97 SAI Standard loaded, sn 103,xxx. A keeper.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is not proper firearms safety.

If you did this in my neighborhood, I would call the cops.
Nothing personal, but..... I live on the east coast, not the west coast. I"m well aware of firearm safety and unless you know first hand what my neighborhood looks like, it's not fair to pre-judge. Take my post for what it was intended to be, a tribute to the rifle.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nothing personal, but..... I live on the east coast, not the west coast. I"m well aware of firearm safety and unless you know first hand what my neighborhood looks like, it's not fair to pre-judge. Take my post for what it was intended to be, a tribute to the rifle.
Nothing personal here, either.

Don't prejudge California: I live in a very rural and firearms-friendly area. I use the Pacific Ocean as a baseline to level scopes. I shoot varmints in my neighborhood, with my neighbors' approval (and sometimes at their request).

You saying that you were "sighting most everything in neighborhood" just sounds bad bad bad.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
I ordered new optics for my M1A so yesterday I pulled the scope and stood back admiring how the appearance of the rifle instantly changed. I haven't seen that look for many years. I put the rifle to my shoulder, peered down the peeps and instantly got a big smile and a feeling of happiness that only an M14/M1A owner can understand. Several times I put it down, picked it up and took it outside sighting most everything in neighborhood. The profile, the balance, the accuracy, the firepower and the fact of having a USA made rifle consisting of all USGI parts with the exception of the receiver and barrel is why I cheerish this piece of history. It brought back memories of shooting them in the 60's and the disapointed feeling when I was given that little plastic rifle. These rifles take a lot of bashing from the new era high tech bolt guys, but for those that shoot these rifles they just take it with a grain of salt and smile from within. Once you have one, you will always have one. These rifles have been deemed by some to be a failure. They've been CENSOREDGI canned, cut up, but are still in demand. This lock, stock and barrel will always be my favorite rifle and I think my new scope might just sit in the box for a while.
I'm glad you had a great day. 2 years ago to this day I lost my mama. A few more hours and a few more glasses full of bourbon and I'll be over it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I love the iron sights on my M1A too but the old peepers aren't what they used to be. Without a scope, I can't hardly SEE the target, let alone hit it ;-)

Reactions: Wasted ammo
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.