M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who needs a stand to hunt from when you can hunt comfortly from the bedroom window. Nailed a nice coyote this morning @ 275 yd. across the field. Was'nt quick enough to get a 2nd shot @ the other coyote. They were both all ready trotting @ the edge of the field heading into the timber. Just to really make my day!! This evening a huge bobcat got to close to some small calves in the west pasture. It was'nt beef it ate for supper! The cat will make a nice addition to our den after being mounted. This was 125 yd. shot. Both kills were 1 shot each at oblique moving targets. Guess I better get the recliner and tv over by the window, it gets a little uncomfortable when you're trying to rough it!

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
If this doesn't beat it all to hell ! I'm freezing my butt off in a barn loft going after coyotes and rthornb sits by his window with a cup of coffee. There's just no fairness in the world! GI4

(I do have a nice lawn chair in the loft GI2 )

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well just a few days ago I was also in my barn up topside, laying for those same 2 coyotes. Neighbors have lost calves to coyotes every winter. I've been blessed, have yet to lose any. Those coyotes have been getting pretty bold lately. Just happend to be at the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is the spare bedroom soon to be new baby room! Some advice, know your terrain and make a range card for your fields of fire. Several years ago I made my range cards, N,S,E,W. Purely for home defense but it certainly comes in handy for 4 legged predators. My home is my firebase ha! Ha! Now all I need is some concertina wire, claymores and some foo gas! Don't think the wife will let me dig up the flower though.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
That is awesome. Now you need to check your range cards from the hot tub! THAT's hunting.GI6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts