M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took yesterday and did a little pistol practice, took my SS Custom Carry and TRS w/o FCS.
312 Rounds total thru each one for 624 fired total.
Practice was draw from cover a double tap on the paper target then hit the right steel plate (2 good audible hits required) then on to the left steel plate, again 2 good audible hits required. Do that for 6 mags and then do Paper then right steel then left steel. Paper was at 7 yards, right steel at 12 and left steel at 15. My draw to first and second shot time are improving but not where I want them yet, practice practice,pratice.
I was real pleased with my split times, they were running in the high 2 second to lower 3 seconds (2.97 to 3.36) Pact Timer. It was brutely hot yesterday even wearing just a tee shirt base and lite short sleeve shirt for cover. Needlest say I was soaking wet and tried after 3 1/2 hours with only resting between relading mags and putting up fresh targets and drinking water while doing this and eating a snack bar occasionally. The target in the pictures was the last 32 rounds, 16 from each pistol, one mag of ball and then one mag of JHP. Remember I was shooting for speed and not little groups, and I was tired, and my right hand was sore and getting a little swollen, I dropped a couple. ( I know excuses, excuses). Oh, and no malfunction from either pistol.

The tools, TRS on the left, SS Custom Carry on the right.

Who says a dirty, tight .45 won't run.

2 Pistols and a pile of brass.

Embarrassing last target.

Another pic of the Tools.

Hope you enjoy and don't mind me sharing.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looks like fun ! I need to invest in a couple steel plates so I can do the same. Good shooting sir.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Very nice. Couple of us were screwing around and shooting our 1911's at some rocks at 200yds. Never woulda guessed the accuracy at that range. 1911's rule!!

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Good range report. Nice shooting.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I just got back from a USPSA shoot and I figured I'd add to your picture of the guns and brass. This lil' girl went through 500rds without a hiccup.

There's some more brass in the bucket from the other shooters on my squad. I sort it all and split it up with them later on. Aint I just nice?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.