M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. By way of introduction, I live on one of the islands in WA state and over the years have done a fair amount of shooting and collecting. As a kid I competed with .22's at 50 feet. As an adult I was introduced to the CMP (then DCM) Garand purchase program and ultimately purchased a CMP M1. A Springfield. The process of the purchase involved firing a borrowed weapon in a match atmosphere. I became interested in NRA Hi Power competition; purchased a second hand M1A National Match rifle and competed for several years in the Sacramento area - Ah, there's nothing like the feeling of wearing a Creedmoor shooting coat on a 100 degree day in Sacramento! But a shooting coat is the first accessory to buy if you are interested in competing. Some years later, when I retired and moved to Washington I purchased a new M1A Super Match but as I age I have lost interest in competition and content myself with the elusive pastime of putting 10 shots through the same hole. This is the Readers Digest version.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Welcome from SoCal. Good people and info here. -Lloyd 🍻

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,809 Posts
Welcome on board Dr Demento, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again, welcome on board and have yourself a great weekend.

XXIV Corps

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Welcome aboard from Nor Cal.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome from AL. If you still enjoy shooting irons, you're welcome to join us in the monthly Iron Sight Challenge. Heres the link.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts